Technical question about email notices...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
just checked the email settings on your profile and it all looks good, so look for something hitting your spam filter is my best guess.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I do not. I use a hotmail account and get PM notices just fine. As a test, you could sign up a quick hotmail account, re-point your profile and see what you get...at leastt that would tell you if the problem is gmail related.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
If you go to your subscribed threads under the Quick Links list, next to each of your subscribed threads there should be a category titled "Notification" - what does it say next to each of the threads under that category? Mine all say "none" because I choose not to receive notifications. If yours says "none", just check the little boxes next to every thread you'd like notifications for and go down to the bottom where you will find a drop box where you can select "Instant email notification" or whatever you like. If they all already say that you have notification then I'll have to do more thinking. :)

Computerdad

PF Regular
Oct 19, 2010
Summerville, SC
Xero said:
If you go to your subscribed threads under the Quick Links list, next to each of your subscribed threads there should be a category titled "Notification" - what does it say next to each of the threads under that category? Mine all say "none" because I choose not to receive notifications. If yours says "none", just check the little boxes next to every thread you'd like notifications for and go down to the bottom where you will find a drop box where you can select "Instant email notification" or whatever you like. If they all already say that you have notification then I'll have to do more thinking. :)

They do indeed show "immediate" as a status. im a little perplexed, but it may be a temporary thing. someone else said they no longer recieved email notices.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
We're just going to have to try and contact the Admins about it. Not sure how long that could take. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(