Teething in six year old...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
My daughter has been having severe sinisitis and this is her third round of anti biotics. Nothing has helped her.
Last night she shows me that there is a piece of her gum that's loose. I got a flash light and looked in her mouth and I saw a molar breaking through. All four of her molars are coming in.
I asked the nurse if this could be the cause of the bad sinus problem and she said no. But I think it could be related.
Anyone else remember their six year old getting six year molars? Did yours get sinus issues when they came in?

EHB

PF Enthusiast
Jan 24, 2008
California and New Jersey
Your mommy instincts are good, so long as you do not think that the sinusitus is related to allergies. My one son had horrible allergies. To be quite frank, neither the antibiotics, nor the nasal sprays, nor anything else seemed to have much of an effect. Extremely regular nose blowing and salt water sprays seemed to be the best solution in the long run. I actually believed that the antibiotics were compounding his nose issues, because they seemed to worsen after I gave him the meds.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I would say it is possible. If it is possible for a baby or toddler to have sinus issues when teething, why not a 6 year old?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
It's so confusing. I'm running around like a mad woman cleaning like I have OCD because I thought it was mold, dog dander, pollen..whatever I was trying to bleach it out or lysol it.
UV light in the a/c, hepa filters....I don't think there is ONE germ in my house seriously.
The teeth is the only thing that would make sense.
Tonight she said she didn't feel good and she threw up. I let her sleep in my bed and she threw up a good ten times, thank goodness for towels. I just kept putting a new one under her. Poor thing fell asleep in a bowl :( It's the throw up bowl.
I gave her a benedryl and she's finally sleeping. I am one tired mother. It's midnight and I just finished cleaning out the fridge. I bleached it and scrubed it thinking that maybe something is in there.
I'm at a loss. I just hope she gets a good night sleep. I am so scared she will choke herself by coughing and throwing up. She sleeps right through it at this point.
This is the time I wish their dad was here so we could go in shifts. Maybe this is the end of it and it's all starting to drain out. That would be a blessing!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Thank you Kaytee. She is having massive drainage which I hope is a good sign. The antibiotic is tearing her little tummy up. I'm tetering with stopping the antibiotic. I'm going to give it another day.
Now her sister is getting sick :(
Does it ever stop?

jen

PF Regular
Feb 21, 2008
My 7yr old just went to the dentist and she too is cutting all 4 of her molars. They asked her if she had sore gums, and she has not complained of anything. So far so good. In reference to the antibiotic, you need to call your doctor if the sickness keeps up. Sounds like it's killing the good bacteria as well as the bad. Been there done that recently so I know how you feel.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
musicmom said:
Thank you Kaytee. She is having massive drainage which I hope is a good sign. The antibiotic is tearing her little tummy up. I'm tetering with stopping the antibiotic. I'm going to give it another day.
Now her sister is getting sick :(
Does it ever stop?
yogurt and probotics would help :)