Terrified of SIDS.....HELP!!...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Yes Kaytee as long as it us "useful" information. Yulia is turning this posters topic into a do not vaccine post. Unreal.
Something may or may not be proven is nonsense to make a new mother worry. I consider that badgering a new member.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
well if you read her post she said "some people" not this is proven. You read to far into posts

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I consdier the source and the history behind the poster.
Let's get back to the original topic please.

mmynedshlp

PF Enthusiast
May 27, 2008
Rachelle,

Are you still with us hunny? I keep checking this thread to see if you have updated us with how you are doing.
Please remember that the arguments on here were all because someone cares about you and they are all trying to look out for you. So please please do not think its your fault.

I am hoping you update us. I am hoping you are doing well. Please tell us about your day. :)

rachelleld05

May 27, 2008
Sorry everyone, I was really taking advantage of the whole nap when the baby naps thing!

Well....I did it!! Last night she slept seperately in her pack n play! It's right next to my bed but I can't see in it unless I get up. I didn't obsess either. I checked on her when she was making noise and she still woke up every 2-3 hours but it was amazing. I didn't sleep much but I am chalking that up to being incredibly hot. I didn't wanna turn the fan on because everything says to keep the baby out of the draft. I am actually kind of looking forward to tonight. It feels like I can finally get into a normal routine. All of your comments helped so much. Just knowing that other people felt similar to the way I was feeling helped me realize that I'm not crazy. I was a tad irrational though. I think in all reality I was putting her in more danger having her sleep in the Boppy pillow and on the couch with me. I just had to look at all the facts. Neither my boyfriend or I smoke, I breastfeed, she sleeps on her side/back with a positioner........anyway, I am doing everything in my power to prevent SIDS and the rest is up to God. My daughter is very happy and healthy and I am extremely lucky for that. If I keep living in fear, it will ruin my relationship with my boyfriend and eventually will ruin Aubrey's happiness. I don't want to be the obsessive over-protective mother. I want to enjoy my daughter and my family. Wow! I feel so much different. Part of me actually feels like cleaning the house (a very small part, of course).

You all have been so amazing and I am so lucky I found this forum. I'm definitely not leaving. I'll still have millions of questions and no one knows how it is like the people who have done it before! Thank you all so much!!!:)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I'm glad it went well for you!!! THanks so much for coming back and letting us know. Keep it up mommy! You seem to be doing all you can to be a great mom!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
rachelleld05 said:
Sorry everyone, I was really taking advantage of the whole nap when the baby naps thing!

Well....I did it!! Last night she slept seperately in her pack n play! It's right next to my bed but I can't see in it unless I get up. I didn't obsess either. I checked on her when she was making noise and she still woke up every 2-3 hours but it was amazing. I didn't sleep much but I am chalking that up to being incredibly hot. I didn't wanna turn the fan on because everything says to keep the baby out of the draft. I am actually kind of looking forward to tonight. It feels like I can finally get into a normal routine. All of your comments helped so much. Just knowing that other people felt similar to the way I was feeling helped me realize that I'm not crazy. I was a tad irrational though. I think in all reality I was putting her in more danger having her sleep in the Boppy pillow and on the couch with me. I just had to look at all the facts. Neither my boyfriend or I smoke, I breastfeed, she sleeps on her side/back with a positioner........anyway, I am doing everything in my power to prevent SIDS and the rest is up to God. My daughter is very happy and healthy and I am extremely lucky for that. If I keep living in fear, it will ruin my relationship with my boyfriend and eventually will ruin Aubrey's happiness. I don't want to be the obsessive over-protective mother. I want to enjoy my daughter and my family. Wow! I feel so much different. Part of me actually feels like cleaning the house (a very small part, of course).

You all have been so amazing and I am so lucky I found this forum. I'm definitely not leaving. I'll still have millions of questions and no one knows how it is like the people who have done it before! Thank you all so much!!!:)
Awesome to hear. I'm glad you are going to come and be here. It takes time and it took me a bit to get out of the fog. Good luck.

mmynedshlp

PF Enthusiast
May 27, 2008
:) yeah i am so relieved. We are having an up moment :) We are here for you good days or bad ones. It happens instantly (Shew) They are very surprising and keep us on our toes :)