Thank-You Admins!...

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Hey
I didn't know where to post it, but seeing this has the most movement i just wanted to say thank you to fallon who finally stopped that one thread "They wont remember it". I wasn't here when it all happened, but i had a chance to read the posts and quite frankly, shutting down the thread was the best thing to do after:
"well, I'm glad than that you're attracted to your son's penis now. Too bad he had to pay way too high price because his mommy just could like all of him..."
And
"you know what, don't even go there. I really don't want this thread to turn into a circ debate which usually gets out of hands because guilty mothers just can't say "I made a mistake"..."

I cannot believe that someone has stooped to that level of ignorance and crudeness:arghh: , esepcially when we as parents come here to unwined, talk to other parents, have some "adult time", to gather advice and support from other moms. And even in the debate section of these threads, its always fun to speak up, make points have a debate :). However, it is in no way fun when people take it too far.
Kudos to everyone as well for not falling into these childish statements.

Thanks again Fallon

TammyZed

PF Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2008
Ontario
WOW. I must have missed that, and I'm glad! I read the first few pages while it was going, but didn't bother to comment.

I can only imagine where that could have ended up.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
thanks for understand guys...we are currently talking about a way to make sure everyone can enjoy a debate on the topic without things getting so bad.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
fallon said:
thanks for understand guys...we are currently talking about a way to make sure everyone can enjoy a debate on the topic without things getting so bad.
Perhaps you should explain the lovely "ignore" feature to everyone. I love it. :)

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Or how about I just do this...

http://www.parentingforums.org/f19/ignore-feature-4426.html[/URL]

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
fallon said:
Oh i know what you mean. On Facebook, thankfully in my group there are a bunch of moms (out of the 1385) who we always have debates but the are always clean (and by clean no one bashes each other). Sure people disagree, but not to the level where they are making fun of each other or being disrespectful.
Which i guess brings us to the point, how to make debates enjoyable. There really is no way, unless you come up with a warning system really. Because a debate is well a debate and opinions will clash, but i think when people hit a certain low, there should be a message sent out to the person that their post will be deleted and any further rude, disrespectful comments will result in further....i dunno LOL

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
that's kinda what we are talking about...there is also a debate rules sticky in that forum but I think a few people forgot to read it. I bumped it yesterday