That really chaps my a**!...

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
This morning I was about to chop my DD pills in half like we've been doing for 2yrs when she says "I get a whole pill dont cut it." I ask how long and she says for a long time. Her pill is an decongestant. My DH calls mom who says yes she gets a whole pill she has for a long time, I tried to tell you. WTF!!!!! So my DD has been suffering on half her dose with a runny stuffy nose at our house because mom "tried" to tell my husband. She did call again this moring to tell us our house is a three bedroom. Thank you I did not know that. WTF!!!!!

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Some people. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to be in your shoes, relying on communication between so many people for someone so important.

Hang in there.

Elizabeth

PF Regular
Feb 2, 2008
I don't give decongesting pills or any pills. They only give a temporary relief and actually make the cold last longer. Colds go away on their won with sun,
orange juice, chicken soup and love. And, without any sweets. Also, colds are avoidable by not eating sweets when around others who are sick.

Sugar kills the immune system.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Elizabeth said:
I don't give decongesting pills or any pills. They only give a temporary relief and actually make the cold last longer. Colds go away on their won with sun,
orange juice, chicken soup and love. And, without any sweets. Also, colds are avoidable by not eating sweets when around others who are sick.

Sugar kills the immune system.
Thats an interesting comment. What are you basing the sugar concept on? Personal experience? I agree colds must run their course. I also agree fresh air goes a long way.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I have mixed feelings about the whole sinus concept now after going through what we are going through.
I'd get a humidifier to loosen it up and keep having her blow her nose. I don't think I would do ANY medication except to curve the cough when she sleeps.
I was giving my daughter stuff to dry it up and it dried it up alright, now it won't come out and is causing a major infection.

mrspineau

PF Regular
Feb 13, 2008
Canada
I don't really have a comment, I just had to say that the title of your post is so funny. My husband likes to say "stop chappin my a** to me all the time and I think its so funny and I have never heard anyone else say it. lol