The Terrible 3s in the Time of COVID

HeatherRaines

Oct 13, 2020
I live in Ohio and it's still pretty restricted here. We live in the city and you must wear masks even out in public. It's really taking a toll on what we can do activity wise. I'm wondering how other parents are creatively maneuvering through these prolonged challenges. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Renata Lander

Oct 11, 2020
We have the same problem here. Children love to walk and play on the street with their friends so we have a lot of problems now. Children complain that they are bored and miss their friends. I am still not sure how to explain to them why staying home is important.
To change it, we are trying a lot of DIY on YouTube, board games, learning French, and watching cartoons. They also started to like sports, we are doing it every morning. How old are your children? Maybe you can find something they are interested in to do with a whole family.

HeatherRaines

Oct 13, 2020
Hi again. I didn't realize we were on each other's threads lol. I feel terrible children are missing their friends. I worry that my little one is missing out on critical socialization time and will be delayed in learning how to form relationships. I'm glad you are finding a way to navigate through this with other activities. My little one is 3. We sing songs, read books, play with toys and in the yard. I honestly don't know what else to do at this age. I was hoping for some inspiration from this forum. Any ideas would be appreciated.