The trip of my dreams...

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
So, my wife and I are HUGE Dave Matthews Band fans. Up until now, we go and see him every summer when he comes to Ohio....BUT.... he's not touring this year. :( We were super bummed out. But then, he annouced that he would be doing 4 music festivals in locations in the US this summer. It's a 3-day long festival with a bunch of different bands with DMB headlining every night and also he will be doing some acoustic sets thorugh the festival.

So, I joined their fanclub "The Warehouse" to get the best shot I could at getting tickets....they annouced the first festival would be the end of June in Atlantic City. So, the date came (last Monday) and I GOT TICKETS!!!!! So, my wife and I are heading out on Wednesday of that week, stopping in PA to visit some of her family...then have a full weekend of Dave! We're incredibly excited! Link below in case you're interested to see the bands that are performing.

Dave Matthews Band Caravan

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Nope, not a contest...I paid for these tickets, though they were surprisingly cheap for the amount of stuff we're going to see. Just super excited because I imagine once these tickets hit the general public release, they'll be gone in like 20 seconds.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
No way...she's going to the grandparents for the weekend. She likes DMB alot too, and she really wants me to take her to a concert sometime, but that's just way too rowdy of a crowd. I mean, how do you explain that the person 2 rows ahead of me isn't smoking a funny smelling cigarette? :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
That's AWESOME Dadu!! Sounds like a friggin awesome time. :) That's so smart how you were on top of things like that. Enjoy yourselves like crazy!!

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
That is going to be so fun!!! My girlfriend has been going to these kinds of festivals for years. She has three kids and the whole family goes. They really enjoy it a lot. Is this the kind where you can camp right at the festival??

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Well I'm not sure about that...it's at Bader Field, which is an old abandoned airport. They actually had to do a controlled burn of the field to kill all the brush and setup for the concert. Either way, we're staying at a hotel in West Atlantic City for the concert. I guess the hotel is only like 3 miles from the venue.

Besides DMB, I'm really looking forward to seeing O.A.R., David Gray, and Warren Haynes (formerly of the Allman Brothers Band).

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Love the ticker...this way I can be lazy and not have to refer back to the original thread which I didn't read when I posted LOL