The Twins Are Here!...

MummyLovesYou

PF Regular
Feb 24, 2011
England
Hi everyone!
Tim here to announce the arrival of the twins, Jonathon Matthew and Jessica Marie! They arrived at 5.46am and 5.53 am respectively. John, the older twin, weighs 5lb 13oz and Jess weighs 5lb 10oz. They are both perfectly healthy, and should be going home tomorrow morning as there were no complications in the labour and Suzi was able to deliver them vaginally. She'll update when she's out of hospital.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Wow, that's amazing!! Congratulations!!! You don't often hear of twins at such a good size, or especially being delivered vaginally. Go mom! I'm sure these twins are going to be a lot of fun, keep us updated. :D

MummyLovesYou

PF Regular
Feb 24, 2011
England
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate all the lovely comments. I've been so busy with the twins lately- it seems when one is settled down, the other starts crying!

I was expecting the twins to come early as that's what normally happens with twins and when I was getting closer to the due date I was thinking 'where are they???' and then they finally came!

At my last prenatal visit I was told that there was a high chance of me delivering them vaginally and I was very pleased as I had delivered the other girls vaginally. However it wasn't 100% certain, but fortunately I was lucky enough to have the chance of a natural birth rather than a caesarian. It was a relatively easy labour and it didn't seem to be that long, I'm not sure how long it was though.

I was very pleased with their birth weights and they have been steadily gaining weight. They are settling in amazingly! The girls love them and do everything they can to help. They've even tried changing nappies (although they have decided to leave that particular job to us!!). They are very good, we haven't had any projectile vomiting or crying fits yet, fingers crossed that we don't get much of that!

I will keep you posted, twins are certainly a challenge but they're fun all the same!

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Enjoy your time with them! They do grow fast, glad the older ones are a great help, mine try to change diapers also and sometimes there is success and other times well......here's a pic of the less successful ones lol

culdesacmom

Nov 23, 2011
Congratulations! You are do lucky to have twins! Pregnancy is so rough for me that I wish I could have my kids more than one at a time to reduce the number of times I need to be pregnant! LOL