They won’t remember it....

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I wonder if this can be an excuse for some parents for abusing their child? I'm also VERY curious where this came from and what was the reason/need behind forming this believe.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt; &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;However, I would like to point out, that this thread is NOT about circumcision and therefore, I’d ask everyone to stay away from discussing the subject.&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/B]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt; &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;The reason I opened the thread is because I find the whole “won’t remember it” argument bizarre since every psychologist will tell you that things that mess us up the most are the very things we “don’t remember”, most of them from our early childhood. And many times the job of a shrink IS to make a person to “remember”, so s/he &lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;can actually deal with his/her issues&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt; (since you hyst can't deal with something you don't remember). &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;For example, (it was an example from my textbook) a man was having panic attacks any time a homeless person would try to reach him with his hand for money. After years of therapy, his psychologist finally helped him to get to the bottom of his fear. Evidently, his father was not the most smart and gentle man, so many times when his mother was nursing him as a baby and the father had his “mood strike” he’d use his hand to kind of push the baby from the breast, so he could have sex with his wife. This fear of being pushed away with the hand from the source of his survival (food/breast) was hunting him for all those years even though he had no clue what it came from.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;So, I’m very interested to try to understand where this “genius reasoning” came from in American culture. Are there any roots to this believe (as long as the person doesn’t remember, it’s ok) that I’m not aware of? &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;SIZE size="3"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="125">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; and yet, men aren’t obsessed with weapons over there. What does make American men feel such a strong need (almost to the point of feeling like a little defenseless baby without it) to own a weapon in order to protect themselves?…&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Wow, this post is just ALL OVER the place. What exactly are you trying to portray? Why men in america feel the need to have guns, or the notion that people abuse their children because the kids wont remember it? (which will be really hard for people not to touch upon circumcision from your previous stances on it)

I think you should probably clarify what this thread is going to be about lol because i'm lost already LOL

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I think she's trying sneak another circ debate past me....lol but she says she's not so I'll give Yulia the benefit of the doubt.
I am keeping me eye on this one though

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="meow_173;35390"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
meow_173 said:
&lt;/s&gt;Wow, this post is just ALL OVER the place. What exactly are you trying to portray? Why men in america feel the need to have guns, or the notion that people abuse their children because the kids wont remember it? (which will be really hard for people not to touch upon circumcision from your previous stances on it)&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
I think you should probably clarify what this thread is going to be about lol because i'm lost already LOL&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Well, you right, it is kind of all over the place. Perhaps it's because MY THOUGHTS about the issue are ALL OVER THE PLACE as well.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
but here is what this thread is mostly for&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="#800000"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;&lt;i&gt;</SIZE>[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]</SIZE>[/FONT]&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
yulia said:
Well, you right, it is kind of all over the place. Perhaps it's because MY THOUGHTS about the issue are ALL OVER THE PLACE as well.

but here is what this thread is mostly for
Can you at least try and keep all your garbage in one thread?

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
fallon said:
I think she's trying sneak another circ debate past me
just to put your mind at ease about it I'd ask you ahead of time to feel free any circ comments/arguments in the thread. It really is NOT about it and I won't to stay away from the circ discussion.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
yulia said:
just to put your mind at ease about it I'd ask you ahead of time to feel free any circ comments/arguments in the thread. It really is NOT about it and I won't to stay away from the circ discussion.
huh?

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
yulia said:
Well, you right, it is kind of all over the place. Perhaps it's because MY THOUGHTS about the issue are ALL OVER THE PLACE as well.

but here is what this thread is mostly for
Thanks!

So i guess the other point would be obviously abusing a child because you think "they wont remember it" is ridiculous. Abusing a child in any sense is ridiculous.

And Americans have guns because they miss read the constitution. All people are allowed to hang a pair of bear arms on their wall......but people assumed it was Everyone was allowed to bear arms.:D

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
meow_173 said:
Americans have guns because they miss read the constitution. All people are allowed to hang a pair of bear arms on their wall......but people assumed it was Everyone was allowed to bear arms.:D
haha...well that's one way to look at it :p

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Can we close this? It's getting a little annoying having 100 threads open about the same topic.