Things I have learned......

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I learned what I can only describe as the goldmine of knowledge of our house today.

I LEARNED WHERE ALL THE MISSING TEASPOONS GO!

Its a chronic problem in our house, our teaspoons just vanish, at least once a month I have to buy a new pack and it drives me insane.

Today I was looking for the stapler, opened the top drawer of Ash's desk, and sitting in there is 14 coffee stained teapoons. I NOW KNOW WHO THE TEASPOON THIEF IS!

Best part of this, Lux, Sunny and Sasha were with me when I found them, and Ash always blames the kids for the missing teaspoons, so when he got home, oh man was he in trouble with the kids.

sonia124

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Hello, I learned this recently as a good job has come my way, and there may be a posibility of getting a promotion to sales manager if I prove myself. I agree for this thing......

Aylaissi

PF Regular
Nov 18, 2011
I learned recently that the formula you can find online of 16oz hydrogen peroxide, 1 tablespoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon dishsoap works wonders on animal stains!

We have a small bathroom that was used as a cat bathroom before I moved in.... Which would not have been so bad but the previous owners thought it was smart to use carpet instead of tile so needless to say it was gross in there! After ripping out the carpet to do the flooring right I could smell the subflooring was soaked from before with cat urine. After going through tons of things I found that formula and it took a few coats but it actually got it all out of the wood!

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I have learned that my tolerance for disgusting things is tempered by my love of the kids.

I have been pee'd on
pooped on
puked on
Things stuck in my mouth when I was spacing out.
Seen things eaten that would make Bear Grylls puke
Cleaned up alien things that magnetically stick to you
Smelled things that made my Labrador hide
participated in the mixing of bodily excretions until new compounds were formed. (pukesnot is my personal fav)
And have thrown myself in the trajectory of airborne substances to save my remaining un-violated possessions. Or civilians of the non-parent type.

nwcrazy

PF Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2011
I've learned that I must really love being a stay-at-home dad to our kindergartner. By nature, I'm very much the type of person who still wants to do something "grand". Years ago, I would never have thought about putting my ambitions on hold.

But right now I'm having soooo much fun with my kid.

That's what I've learned:)

Last edited:

BigEd214

Apr 2, 2012
Riverside, CA
I have learned that once you say the word "ToysRus" around a 6 year old that the sudden need to want to go there from him is unbearable. Even if it is said not towards him.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
BigEd214 said:
I have learned that once you say the word "ToysRus" around a 6 year old that the sudden need to want to go there from him is unbearable. Even if it is said not towards him.
And don't even think about mentioning Chuck E Cheese.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
"Trampoline Ice Cream" is our one, say it around my 4yr old and I swear, his pupils turn into little cups of white chocolate and raspberry gelati.