thinking of staying in cali for another month...

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
I blew all my money on stupid shit so now im flat, dont have any money or any way home. Stayin at my cousin whos basically my brother.. I figure i can make it back in a month and half easy. i wouldnt mind staying longer either. Ive been hardly sleeping at night, and when im up i sometimes just feel so disconnected from my life. sometimes Im like "I actually have kids?.." and thoughts about my parents/life...
Can't describe the feeling.

I dont know what im thinking.
:no:

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
superman said:
I blew all my money on stupid shit so now im flat, dont have any money or any way home. Stayin at my cousin whos basically my brother.. I figure i can make it back in a month and half easy. i wouldnt mind staying longer either. Ive been hardly sleeping at night, and when im up i sometimes just feel so disconnected from my life. sometimes Im like "I actually have kids?.." and thoughts about my parents/life...
Can't describe the feeling.

I dont know what im thinking.
:no:
I'm sorry you are feeling like that... :( Just hang in there, and don't forget about your children. They need you, and I know that you love them.

<SIZE size="75">Just don't forget that there is a difference between taking a break to clear your head, and running away. Running never works for very long - ask me, I've tried enough! :rolleyes:</SIZE>

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Yeah, hang in there. You need some time to grieve. But don't stay away too long. I'm sure that James misses you pretty bad and I get the feeling that he 'grounds' you in a lot of ways. I've found that sometimes I need a break from everyone and everything but when I get back to my family I feel so much better than I thought I could. The boys need you, but you need them too. Are you talking to James on the phone???

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
glad you got to clear the pipes, consider getting some money together so you can go back when you decide to rather than find yourself in a position of not being able to when you want to.

Consider your feelings about your parents and your feelings about what you want to do for your kids and I think you'll come to some conclusions.

Remember, lide is always shifting, things change, and the challenges of today become the blessings of tomorrow. Don't just let life happen to you, go out and grab it, try things. You're young, it's a great time to try new stuff.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Brother, I'm gonna take a bit of a different approach here...you know I like you, so consider this to be tough love...k?

Everyone needs alone time...I get it. I'm all about taking a week vacation and leave the midget at my parent's house. But, you CAN'T be gone THAT long bud. It's time for you to get back to the kids. They need you, and you're not being a father if you're in California living it up for a month. I'm sure the kids are with their mother, but you're their father, and they need you to be there with them. Whether or not you WANT to be a parent or whether or not you CHOSE to be a parent...you ARE a parent, and this is your responsibility. You are responsible for 2 lives...and those lives love you and depend on you. And I bet they miss you like crazy.

So, get your ass home and go hug your kids...I'm glad you got to blow off steam and relax a bit because you certainly needed it with all you went through, but it's time to get back to reality and back to where you're needed.

Tough love, I know bud...but you needed to hear it. :)

Last edited:

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
I have to agree with Dadu. Your boys need their daddy, Im sure your dont want to be the same type of father to your children as your father was to you right??? Get home, give them great big hugs, and just have some solice in the thought that these two boys are YOUR flesh and blood, you children,your angels, and that they love you no matter what. And im sure they miss you like crazy!

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
Guys i admit I'm gone for awhile but Im not planning to stay forever lol. Im talking to James every second night on Skype. I dont think 1-2 months is bad... I think majority of the disconnected feelings is from the shit im on down here, ill be good once im back home..Im all over the place lol. I love my two boys, how could i not? I never doubt my love with them..I know theyre in good hands