This sucks......

kdryan

PF Fanatic
Jan 2, 2009
Fort Wayne, In
Ok, time for a rare venting session, but life sucks right now and I gotta let it out.

My wife is broke down in Orlando about 30 miles away and the van will not make it home. The engine is shot and there's no getting around it. She is stuck on the side of the road waiting 2 hours for a tow truck we cannot afford and weltering in the heat. We have $250.00 in the bank until next Thursday, we are supposed to be moving to Indiana in two months and we don't have a penny saved up for it. The AC is still broke and we are cooling our whole place from on (admittedly new and rocking) window ac unit and the landlord will not fork out the money to get it properly fixed. It's too hot for the twins to play outside so they're going stir crazy and I am about ready to scream! There is no one we can call for help, no relatives in town, no credit cards to put the money for the tow truck on, and she is sitting 30 miles away crying because there's nothing else to do about it

THIS SUCKS THE BIG ONE!</SIZE>[/B][/COLOR]

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
You could just let the payment bounce if you're paying by cheque or card, that way it wont bounce until the car is already at a garage. Alternatively you can put the tow and the repairs on your car insurance, as the cost is likely to be higher than your excess/co-pay.

kdryan

PF Fanatic
Jan 2, 2009
Fort Wayne, In
I think I'll pass on the bouncing part. I have enough troubles without a check fraud charge coming at me.

I'm sure it will work out. I have no idea how, but I'm sure it will...

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
i'm sorry, this stinks. I feel your pain. I haven't worked in 9 months and different utilities get shut off randomly here and there it's like a roller coaster.

anyway I hope it works out for you.

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
That does suck. Having been in similar situations before, my only advice is just power through it. Things will get better I'm sure. Where abouts in Indiana are you moving?

I'm sure this doesnt help, but maybe make you smile....

Barney always has the best advice...