Toddler Journaling...

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
My son's daycare just finished up a great project. They ordered Painted Lady Caterpillars and observed their metamorphasis.
But what made it special was that the kid's "journaled" the whole process.

Each time they would draw a picture of what they say (bunch of scribbles in Ry's case) and then tell the teacher what they saw. She would write it down word for word, even if it didn't make much sense. It's hysterical to see your kid's little speech mannerisms in print that way. "they goed in they cocoons" and "uh...they caterpillar turned into a butterfly. I said a cocoon. For more cocoons." were my favorite entries.

I may have to find some things for him to journal about at home and do the same thing. When I am old and senile, it'll be fun to have those reminders of how he used to talk.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
That is pretty cool. We actually got mail orders caterpillars a couple years ago. The come with a little box and some food for them. She wanted to keep the butterflies but we eventually convinced it that it was in their best interest to set them free.

mmynedshlp

PF Enthusiast
May 27, 2008
Aww how cute would love to see scans/pics of it with any personal info whited out. ( paint or edited not onthe pic) You could put it in here or the brag section.
Though this is only a thought and not a request :)
That is soo cool and definatley would go in the keeping box.