Toddlers and their older siblings...

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
Lily has reached that point now where she is absolutely starstruck by Rebekah. She will follow her around, annoy her like anything, everything Bek does she wants to do too.

Which is lovely, but its all getting too much for Rebekah, I dont expect her to have to entertain Lily, and really, she just needs a break to be able to play her own games.

Lily just wont let up though. If Bek closes the door to ehr room she screams and cries like anything, whenever she does that I try to a redirect her and occupy her with something else, but all it takes is for Bek to make a noise, or get up and go to the bathroom and she's off crying again.

Im not sure how she's going to go when Bek starts school in 2 and a half weeks, I assume that it wont be too bad as long as I can distract her with something else, but for now, does anyone have any tips on how to get Lily to give Bek some space?

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Just keep doing what you are doing...in time lily will "understand".....I always run into this and haven't really found a solution.

My little ones do fine when the older ones go to school, they just get bored easier. Yesterday Aiden came to me and said "It's no fun when the kids are in school" I felt bad for him...but I enjoy it :).