trolls...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
pretty sure we have a trolling problem...any ideas? check out the referals and posting styles of some of these new member

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I've been thinking the same thing for a few days. Yulia is OK, at least not troll. But several of the others all seemed to arrive about the same time, and their posts are very inconsistent as far as my perception of being real parents.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
thats what I thought. I had the same feeling. They talk to each other a lot and give each other kudos but write the same

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
From your perspective have you read anything that throws up red flags, or are they posting a lot of weird comments that for the most part are harmless?

I have not been following them around too much. Sometimes trolls like to lay low and get their post count up and then start causing problems only after they have been around a while. That takes a lot work, but some do take their time.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Kaytee said:
never heard of troll
Yeah, That is what I thought he that was he was saying. I was hoping to get him to get to explain himself. Not heard of Trolling or Trolls, but works in the software industry?

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
ntbuddy seems OK, just seemed like a strange statement for just about ANYONE to make. Say the word "Troll" to anyone between ages of 10-40 and they will more-or-less say it is a mischievous person on the Internet. Not knowing what a troll is is odd, and for a person involved in software is extremely odd.

When it comes to trolling, as long as they aren't trying to stir up trouble or con people (ie $$$ scams, identity theft, etc), I'm not overly concerned about it. Just have to be careful about people doing a bait and switch game. They will troll the Internet for naive\trusting people who by nature want to help others, and next thing good samaritans know their bank account is drained, identity stolen, and thousand dollars in debt on bogus loans.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I don't know if that is all that true and I can understand if he really did not know. My dad who is 58 (over your age bracket but) he has an internet blog, surfs the web and even plays World Of Warcraft (started me playin git and even has higher characters then I do lol) probably does not know what a troll is.
So I can kinda get it, but I also am overly "give the person the benefit of the doubt" kinda gal lol

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I didn't know what a troll was until I came here but I didn't really have a lot of experience with forums before this one either