Tua Set to Start Against Jets in Week 11

seestyle

Sep 27, 2022
Tua Tagovailoa is ready to return to the starting lineup for the Miami Dolphins.Head coach Brian Flores said before practice Monday that he "expected" Tagovailoa to start against the New York Jets on Sunday after he mi sed the past two starts because of a finger injury.Tagovailoa did enter the Thursday night game Preston Tucker Jersey against the Baltimore Ravens in the third quarter after Jacoby Bri sett sustained a knee injury and completed 8 of 15 pa ses for 158 yards and scored the Dolphins' only offensive touchdown on a 1-yard sneak in the 22-10 victory.Tagovailoa did bang his left hand on a Baltimore defender while following through on a third-down pa s and shook his hand before running Adam Duval Jersey off the field."My expectation with Tua is that he'll start this weekend," Flores said. "Obviously he's going to have some discomfort with the finger. He banged it the other day. We were trying to avoid that, but it happened. He's had some time to rest it and he'll practice today and that's my expectation for this weekend."Scroll to ContinueTua was efficient after replacing Bri sett and made some key throws, evidenced by his Dansby Swanson Jersey 104.0 pa ser rating, though his 64-yard completion to Albert Wilson was more about Baltimore blowing a coverage than any great effort by either quarterback or receiver.Flores made it a point Friday morning to make sure everybody understood there was no great conspiracy against Tagovailoa, that the decision to have him not start the past two games wasn't part of some plot to keep him down."I think people are trying to turn this into a controversial situation where we dont want a certain player to play," Flores said. "I try to look out for the best interest of the players individually, the team. All those things play a role in the decisions we make and Ronald Acuna Jr. Jersey that was the case last night.This actually will be Tua's first career start against the Jets.The one game he mi sed in 2020 because of injury was the one at MetLie Stadium when he was out with a thumb problem. The first Jets game in 2020 marked Tua's NFL debut as he entered in the late stages of the Dolphins' 24-0 victory and completed his two pa s attempts, connecting with Patrick Laird for 2 yards and then with Jakeem Grant Mark Melancon Jersey for 7 yards and a first down.