Tyra learns to breast feed!...

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
<YOUTUBE id="Fvgt2Agsgqw" url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fvgt2Agsgqw">http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fvgt2Agsgqw</YOUTUBE>

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
wow......i honestly don't know what to say, but i really dislike tyra. She joked around way too much, and it seemed that she really didn't care at all.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Ummmm breast feeding did hurt so that woman lied. She ought to tell the truth and tell them it hurts really bad for the first few days and then it's fine.
I don't know about ya'll but mine were raw and scabbed over. Lanolin was my best friend. I think more people would try it if they knew it does hurt but that it goes away if you keep doing it.
I love Tyra, she's such a trip.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
Hell yes it hurt! Mine hurt for the first few weeks. I saw the lactation consultant more than Mr Wonderful those few weeks. Lanolin and ice were my best friends.

My kid was a damn Hoover!

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
I think she did OK, especially considering she's not a mother and has never BF.

Yes, it does hurt in the beginning simply because your nipples aren't accustomed to so much suckling, but it will hurt even MORE if the baby isn't latched on correctly.

Lansinoh is great stuff!

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
musicmom said:
Ummmm breast feeding did hurt so that woman lied. She ought to tell the truth and tell them it hurts really bad for the first few days and then it's fine.
I don't know about ya'll but mine were raw and scabbed over. Lanolin was my best friend. I think more people would try it if they knew it does hurt but that it goes away if you keep doing it.
I love Tyra, she's such a trip.
I agree. It does hurt badly in the beginning. It didn't hurt at all with my second (but then I've been nursing my first throughout the pregnancy), but it did hurt horribly with my first (bleading awefully sore nipples and all this "fun" stuff for about 6 first weeks). I haven't met anyone who said it didn't hurt.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I never breastfed my kids, so I couldn't tell you if it hurt or not. I've heard it does. I did, however, think it was funny when she said to dribble a little milk on the baby, and Tyra acted like she was squirting it at her.:laugh:

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Ohh yes it hurts the first few weeks...at least it did for me.

I don't watch the show often, but I'm happy to see a celebrity supporting breastfeeding. She can try to learn that way, but she wont know how to fully do it till she does it for real. The joking is fine with me. I know I laugh whenever I'm breastfeeding/pumping sometimes.