Unbelievable!...

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
So I was driving this morning and listening to the radio (dean Jason and Todd, for all of us in that area!) and if you listen to them, they do the Edge Files. So i always think most of these are a kick in the pants hilarious, except for this particular one, and the guys on the show thought it was horrible too.

A 19 year old father and his 18 or 19 year old gf, gave Alcohol to their BABY! ( i can't remmeber how old he was it was between 6 months and a year). The legal limit of alcohol is 0.8 in Canada i do believe, or 80 milligrams of ethyl alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood. This kiddies alcohol level was 1.18!!!! No one knows how he survived, but the parents have been apprehended, and the child is in protective custody.

This made me SO ANGRY!!!!! Why would someone do that to an innocent child!!:arghh:

crimson_moon

PF Regular
Jan 22, 2008
TEXAS
Unfortunately, these sorts of STUPID PARENTS are everywhere. Clearly they have NO CLUE as to how blessed they've been! I live in South East Texas. Is anyone here familiar with the Baby Grace story? In short, a 2 yr old girls body was found in a box or something on the beach in Galveston a while back. The news begged and pleaded for someone to come forward so that this child could be identified and her remains released. For weeks, no word was had. Hence the officials gave her the name Baby Grace. Come to find out it was her birth mother and her step father that beat this child to death and left her on the beach... you can see the article here:

http://jamesgrimes.blogspot.com/2007/11/baby-grace-story-update.html[/URL]

It's just so sad. These people make me sick. Clearly there is too many people in this world that don't want their children. And yet, there are thousands of people who can't have children and would GLADLY take those children. GIVE THEM UP if you don't want them... FIND SOMEONE who does.

PreSchool Mama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2008
I don't know why, but this reminded me of that quote , "There are no difficult children, only difficult parents." It's also obvious from these stories, there are no horrible kids, only horrible parents. I found the baby Grace story particularly tragic. Her mother deserves the worst punishment.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Some parents think that a child will sleep if they are given alcohol. Back in the old says when my mother was younger they used to give rub babies gums with whiskey to take away the pain of teething. It's people like this that should be given those free Publix "raising your child from newborn to adult" Some people just need to have a touch of help.
Write a letter to the paper and pass along usefull information:)
I hope the child is going to escape this one unharmed. Poor little one

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Some people just don't know any better. They probably had no clue how to care for a child, and listened to one of their "friends" tell them how to get the baby to sleep through the night. @@

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
<r><QUOTE author="meow_173;22242"><s>
meow_173 said:
</s>So I was driving this morning and listening to the radio (dean Jason and Todd, for all of us in that area!) and if you listen to them, they do the Edge Files. So i always think most of these are a kick in the pants hilarious, except for this particular one, and the guys on the show thought it was horrible too.<br/>
<br/>
A 19 year old father and his 18 or 19 year old gf, gave Alcohol to their BABY! ( i can't remmeber how old he was it was between 6 months and a year). The legal limit of alcohol is 0.8 in Canada i do believe, or 80 milligrams of ethyl <B><s></s>alcohol<e></e></B> per 100 millilitres of blood. This kiddies alcohol level was 1.18!!!! No one knows how he survived, but the parents have been apprehended, and the child is in protective custody. <br/>
<br/>
This made me SO ANGRY!!!!! Why would someone do that to an innocent child!!:arghh:<e>
</e></QUOTE>
<br/>
&lt;SIZE size="3"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="125">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Not excusing them, but maybe they were trying to use &lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Barbra Streisand’s advice from Meet the Fockersmovie where she said to give the baby some alcohol for teething, so the baby won’t fuss and will sleep. As much as I liked this movie, this advice (which can be used my many desperate parents) really irked me, and so did their crappy joke about foreskin in the soup…:mad: &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="yulia;22972"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Not excusing them, but maybe they were trying to use &lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Barbra Streisand’s advice from Meet the Fockersmovie where she said to give the baby some alcohol for teething, so the baby won’t fuss and will sleep. As much as I liked this movie, this advice (which can be used my many desperate parents) really irked me, and so did their crappy joke about foreskin in the soup…:mad: &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/quote]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
That is exactly what it was is a MOVIE!! If for some crazy reason these parents took advice from "Meet the Fockers", I mean come on it was a comedy at that. For the barbra streisand character saying that, it was meant to be funny because the other guy was so strict and on top of things with the baby. As far as the crack about the foreskin in the soup, same thing! Meant to be funny. If you can't laugh at a movie like that then why watch it. &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
As for baby grace... Everytime I hear stories like this it makes me want to cry. How can anyone ever do anything to hurt their baby's? How horrible!&lt;/r&gt;

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
ljmahr said:
That is exactly what it was is a MOVIE!! If for some crazy reason these parents took advice from "Meet the Fockers", I mean come on it was a comedy at that. For the barbra streisand character saying that, it was meant to be funny because the other guy was so strict and on top of things with the baby. As far as the crack about the foreskin in the soup, same thing! Meant to be funny. If you can't laugh at a movie like that then why watch it.
<SIZE size="125">It is just a movie, and yet, when I saw this movie i thought that this might be very tempting for some young not experienced parents when their baby is teething, super-fussy and they are super-exhausted...</SIZE>

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
Well then I guess they shouldn't be parents if they can't figure out the difference between real life and a movie.

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
Who knows where they got the idea. My mom said she'd put whiskey on my gums when I was teething. She didn't like give me a shot of it just dipped her finger in and run it across my gums. Apparently it helped- not something I am keen to try though. I don't do things because someone else did them.

ntbuddy

PF Enthusiast
Jan 26, 2008
Michigan City, Indiana
In the "old" days (60's and before) I was told that it was normal to do but since the 70's I know they've said it was bad. If it wasn't they wouldn't make childrens medicine and say Nyquill is fine for kids (which they don't). Even in adult cold medicine is too much which is less than any alcohol and anyone utilizing good common sense should truly know better.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
You'd be surprised what has alcohol in it. Haugindaus ice cream (I so can not spell that), some kids mouth wash. I am very conscious of what I give them.
I agree that a movie is just a move and if they have time to go see THAT movie then they have the time to read a parenting book and also afford regular medicine.

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
I do know that some parents used to do that way back when but I am sure they realized that they couldn't give them enough to equal 1.18.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Yeah...one drop on your finger, rubbed on the gums, is NOT going to create that kind of alcohol level, even in an infant.

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
Exactly... even if they watched that movie how do they get rubbing it on there gums to giving them a whole bottle of something