Understand and succeed...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
well, I don't know much about the topic but I'd love to hear you thoughts on this. I have to say I've spent some time wondering about the issue

Turtel

May 22, 2009
America
I say everything has an effect on learning and hormones play a huge part in our body chemistry so I can't see the answer being no.

It's not just hormones themselves either it is the ripple effect it might have on a person and how they deal with changes they are going through.

That is life however. Such questions often come about from the human and modern day need to push everyting to its limit and make it perfect. What has made you ask yourself?

abbey.barclay

Banned
Jul 9, 2009
There are two types of hormones known as steroids and peptides. In general, steroids are sex hormones related to sexual maturation and fertility. Steroids are made from cholesterol either by the placenta when we're in the womb, or by our adrenal gland or gonads (testes or ovaries) after birth. Cortisol, an example of a steroid hormone, breaks down damaged tissue so it can be replaced. Steroids determine physical development from puberty on to old age, as well as fertility cycles. If we are not synthesizing the correct steroidal hormones, we can sometimes supplement them pharmaceutically as with estrogen and progesterone. Peptides regulate other functions such as sleep and sugar concentration. They are made from long strings of amino acids, so sometimes they are referred to as "protein" hormones. Growth hormone, for example, helps us burn fat and build up muscles. Another peptide hormone, insulin, starts the process to convert sugar into cellular energy.