University offers came in last week...

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
...and I forgot to update you guys on what happened, oops :p

Both girls got offers to their first preferences! We are so happy over here at the moment.

Dita is going to be studying a Bachelor of Culinary Business with a certificate of confectionery development (1st semester) and a certificate of patisserie (2nd semester). She is studying part time and undergoing a chefs apprenticeship with the rest of her time.

Violet is going to be studying a Bachelor of Biomedicine (which is the Australian equivalent of pre-med) full time.

So excited for the both of them.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Cool.

So your going to have a candy and pastry cook in the house along with a doctor to fix you up after you eat too much candy and pastry.

Sounds like the best of both worlds. Time to sit back and enjoy the "fruits <I>danish's</I>" of your labor. :D

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Yay, Megan wanted to go into culinary arts but after having to do a 15 page report on it..........she was over it lol. Now she's going to beauty school....still trying to talk her out of that one.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Hey, at least she can earn a decent living from something she studies on Beauty School.

bssage said:
Cool.

So your going to have a candy and pastry cook in the house along with a doctor to fix you up after you eat too much candy and pastry.
We have it all planned out ;)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
That's awesome, congrats to them!! Sounds like they are both going for something they are passionate about. :) I can only hope for the same for my kids in the future. I would love to go to school for culinary, I have always had a passion for cooking. Maybe open my own restaurant someday or something. lol :D

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
LOL, yes, my first thought was also "so one can give you cholesterol, and the other can fix it!"

Well done to both girls. It sounds like both of them have bright futures ahead of them :)

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
thats great!!! we're the same Sam has got some conditional offers back from his interviews. He has two more to go to. But he's been offered a Paramedic Practice degree (to become a paramedic) and then he's been offered a paramedic Science degree (similar to practice but you study the science side of the subject), his other place turned him down. Callum is also starting to look at places. He wants to study psychology with sport, if he doesn't get in he wants to go into competitive sport or coaching so they have it all planned out... man I wish i was that organised i made my decision at the last minute.