Update about SD's...

momandmore

PF Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2013
Hi all! I know I haven't posted here in a while, I found a forum that helped a little with some legal things and then DH and I decided to hire an attorney. It was more of a *we had to* but I don't regret it one bit!
A whole lot has happened since I last posted but I will try to keep this short.
A couple of months ago a new C/O was put in for my 2 youngest SD's. BM got supervised visits and scheduled phone time. BM has followed through with one visit so the atty is filing contempt. BM does call.. just bc it's in the court order. BM will talk to SD's for about 2-4 minutes total, when she even calls, 6yo SD is usually 2nd to talk to BM and BM always hangs up on her. :frown:
If something happens to DH, even to disable him, The kids go to me. That is in the C/O and isn't something we even asked for.
The judge did ask if I was willing to adopt and of course I said yes, he did say that at that time it was too soon but, it was also too soon to change the C/O but he saw that it was necessary. Both SD's are in counseling and it has been just a huge mess.
BM knew she had court for this and didn't even show up!!
anyways, it's coming up on a year from the original C/O and I don't know what to expect. Ahh.. the fact of just knowing they are safe is amazing. :D

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I am so glad to hear that, while at the same time my heart is breaking for those little girls. :( I am so happy they are safe and with you two, but I just wish their mother would put in more effort to be there for them. Too sad. Hopefully the therapy will be helpful and they can be at peace with the new situation and their mother's absence. Good luck.

momandmore

PF Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2013
Thank you and yes, my heart has been breaking for these girls for a long time. I have pleaded with BM, tried to reason with her on what she was missing out on, everything.
She still did not care and showed no remorse at all for it.
When she missed the first supervised visit, she didn't call on her following available time, but the next time she called.. She told SD "I'm sorry you didn't get to see me" She doesn't tell them she loves them or misses them and doesn't even give 6yo SD a chance to say bye before hanging up. BM tells 6yo SD she feels sorry for her constantly and not meaning it in a good way.
I can't imagine anyone taking my kids from me and I know if I was ever in her situation I would be doing everything in my power to see my children.
I know 6yo SD wants BM's approval so bad and she will never get it. It is really sad and the therapy has been helping her. 5yo just blows it off like it's nothing. We have to force her to get on the phone. I'm sure she still wants to see her too though.