Update...

sanjay

Dec 23, 2007
Hey gang,

I realized that you guys are concerned about the state of the site and your support needs, but you shouldn't be. What we are doing now is actually far better than the community manager method we tried.

If you have a technical issue with the forum you just have to email:

me webmaster@fifewebsolutions.co.uk

I am in Los Angeles and Susie is in Scotland so you get a lot of time-zone coverage this way. I also sit next to my engineering team so I can get things fixed ASAP. Also, Susie is a vbulletin wizard so she can fix 90% of your issues without having to check in with CrowdGather and filling out tickets like we were doing in the past.

Susie will be setting up a public subforum on PF for technical support. As soon as anyone makes a thread in that forum- both she and I will get an email. This should relieve you guys of a lot of member abuse.

Additionally, my office number is 818 435 2472 xt. 101 cellphone is 818 535 0018. Do not use PM's they are hard to open and reply to on an iPhone.

This site has also been moved to our central infrastructure and we have learned (the hard way) how to keep things running and stable. We are also making daily back-ups...something that no individual forum can afford to do. The move and learning curve was very painful for you guys and for our engineering team, but we are over it now.

The new homepage will launch this weekend or tonight and members will get a happy surprise. Once we get in the groove of things- I will send out a PM to all of our thousands of members telling them about the positive changes. This will get many of them to come back and stay. In the meantime I would appreciate it if you could help on the content side by posting more and inspiring our new members to get involved and share their expertise.

Cheer up and don't worry about being abandoned. My team was focused on fixing the big issues so that once we relaunch and get momentum we wouldn't lose it again because of site issues. Once the economy rebounds (hopefully) we will have more resources, but I am glad to do whatever it takes personally in the meantime (including spending a few hours making threads into articles for the homepage).

If someone wants to advertise please have them email Gaurav@crowdgather.com and he will take care fo it.

Please keep all of these emails and contact info to yourselves.

Sanjay