Urmm hello(:...

Ilikesquirrels

PF Regular
Oct 9, 2012
New york
I'm not exactly a parent, but I have to take care of all 17 kids in the house not all of them are my siblings, but my parents don't help only pay bills, but they don't pay for their toys or food or nothing so I take care of everyone my parents are alcoholics are are quite abusive whenever they are home and not working I'm only a 18 year old boy so I really have nowhere to turn to for help so hopefully this site helps me out, and I can meet some new friends. :p

Last edited:

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Ilikesquirrels said:
I'm not exactly a parent, but I have to take care of all 17 kids in the house not all of them are my siblings, but my parents don't help only pay bills, but they don't pay for their toys or food or nothing so I take care of everyone my parents are alcoholics are are quite abusive whenever they are home and not working I'm only a 18 year old boy so I really have nowhere to turn to for help so hopefully this site helps me out, and I can meet some new friends. :p
Hello Ilikesquirrels, and welcome. You will find a lot of good advice and support here.

I also grew up with abusive alcoholics... do you have any kind of support at all, anyone to talk to? This being a parenting forum, I'm not sure that there are all that many people who will be equipped to help you with that. Have you checked out Alanon? I'm not a huge 12-step fan, but I've heard a lot of good things about relatives and loved-ones of alcoholics finding support and validation there...

Depending on your specific situation, I may be able to point you in the direction of more resources. Feel free to PM me if you want to. ;)

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
Welcome to the board ILS
I'm Nancy I have a 21 yr old son.

Sounds like you have your hands full, hope you find help with your issues here.

BabyAngel

PF Fanatic
Feb 6, 2012
Deux-Montagnes, Quebec, Canada
Wow, that is a lot to ask for a 18 year old.. :/

Welcome to the site and good luck with all you have to deal with. I'm 100% certain that you will find some interesting stuff to help you out in here !

kidsaregreat

Jun 1, 2012
Very well done for stepping in for all those kids! This is a great place to get advice and you've come to the right place:)