Vent...

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
<r><FONT font="Arial"><s></s>I just want to say that I never give clothes as gifts when we go to other kids’ parties. I don’t care what the parents say to buy them! I grew up hating getting clothes, and I will not subject another kid to clothes gifts for as long as I live!<e></e></FONT><br/>
<FONT font="Arial"><s></s> <e></e></FONT><br/>
<FONT font="Arial"><s></s>Bradley’s birthday is coming up soon, and my parents sent him a big box in the mail for his birthday. He was SO excited last night! We let him open it, and all it was, was pants! Seriously…like 6 pairs of pants! <e></e></FONT><br/>
<FONT font="Arial"><s></s>That’s fine for the parents, we don’t have to buy any pants for a year now, but the look on his face was SO sad! He actually looked MORE sad after opening his gift than before. After emptying the box, he said “All I got was pants??”<e></e></FONT><br/>
<FONT font="Arial"><s></s>Lol<e></e></FONT><br/>
<FONT font="Arial"><s></s>Kids don’t give a rat’s behind about clothes or books…when will adults realize this and stop giving them crappy gifts!?<e></e></FONT></r>

TammyZed

PF Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2008
Ontario
Both my kids are vain little clotheshorses, so they love getting clothes as gifts. LOL They're hardly the norm, though!

I hated getting clothes as a kid too. In fact, I <I>still</I> hate getting clothes for gifts. There's so much more interesting and creative stuff out there, and I'd rather pick out what I want to wear myself, thankyouverymuch.

I feel for your little guy. He must've been disappointed, especially since it came in such a big box!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
my daughter likes getting a few clothes but not to many. I really don't like when other people buy clothes for my kids though

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="fallon;36514"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
fallon said:
&lt;/s&gt;my daughter likes getting a few clothes but not to many. I really don't like when other people buy clothes for my kids though&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;At least compromise and buy some shirts with Transformers or Ninja Turtles on them so he likes wearing them. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I’ll be 20 degrees outside, and our son will still beg to wear his Power Ranger short sleeve shirt. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="FooserX;36516"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;At least compromise and buy some shirts with Transformers or Ninja Turtles on them so he likes wearing them. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I’ll be 20 degrees outside, and our son will still beg to wear his Power Ranger short sleeve shirt. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/quote]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
I agree I think if you're going to but clothes for a child that's old enough to know you should make sure it is something the child will like&lt;/r&gt;

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
HappyMomma said:
Clothes are such a personal choice of style, I think it's really hard to buy them for people.

Yeah.

I bought some sweet Victoria Secret underwear for 1day, but she demanded a receipt so she could go buy some granny panties.

Sometimes you just never know.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
FooserX said:
Yeah.

I bought some sweet Victoria Secret underwear for 1day, but she demanded a receipt so she could go buy some granny panties.

Sometimes you just never know.
:p

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I actually don't like when anybody other than my mother buys my kids clothes. I am so picky on what they wear, though.

They could have at least stuck a small toy inside along with it.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Hmm...Bradley sounds very unappreciative.

I wonder who he got that from??? :yikes:

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I think it is important to teach them, that its ok if they get gifts they dont like and all of that.
but I do agree. I did by a little girl clothes for her 3rd b-day BUT you can't buy this child toys she ruins them because she has no one there to teach her how to take care of them. Under 3 is ok anyways, they package is still more important then the gift.

aliinnc

PF Fanatic
Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh NC
I can beat it. My mom has Alzheimer's so my Dad has taken over the gift giving. He gave my son a duffle bag that had been a freebie when my folks went on a cruise.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="Lissa;36556"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
Lissa said:
&lt;/s&gt;Hmm...Bradley sounds very unappreciative. &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
I wonder who he got that from??? &lt;E&gt;:yikes:&lt;/E&gt;&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Maybe he only appreciates things worth appreciating…not pance.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
As someone recently pointed out to me, and gave me bad rep for (waaaa), it is spelled pants not pance. :D

SpitNCobra13

PF Fanatic
Oct 21, 2007
Upper Midwest
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="FooserX;36508"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I just want to say that I never give clothes as gifts when we go to other kids’ parties. I don’t care what the parents say to buy them! I grew up hating getting clothes, and I will not subject another kid to clothes gifts for as long as I live!&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Bradley’s birthday is coming up soon, and my parents sent him a big box in the mail for his birthday. He was SO excited last night! We let him open it, and all it was, was pants! Seriously…like 6 pairs of pants! &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;That’s fine for the parents, we don’t have to buy any pants for a year now, but the look on his face was SO sad! He actually looked MORE sad after opening his gift than before. After emptying the box, he said “All I got was pants??”&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Lol&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Kids don’t give a rat’s behind about clothes or books…when will adults realize this and stop giving them crappy gifts!?&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/quote]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;

clothes I can see, but theres nothing wrong with books.....&lt;/r&gt;

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Uh...children need clothing and books. You need to teach him that he can't always get what he wants.