Very worried about my daughter , please help...

tinalombardi

Jan 29, 2013
I already posted this in another category but Im just not getting answers so I thought I would give it another shot.

Im a single mom to 2 daughters , one is 19 and one is 11. My oldest daughter has been showing a lot of hostility and anger towards me and others latley and I don't know what to do. She has dropped out of college and works with me at the restauraunt I own. Just yesterday she verbally attacked one of the customers when they said their meat was a littke under done. She then took the plate , took it into the kitchen and smashed it in half in the sink. I took her aside and said that she can't be behaving like that with the customers. she then got even mre angry, told me to "fuck off" and said that I don't care about her and that I never have. I've tried talking to her but she just shuts down. She has always had a temper but sh.e's never done anything like this before. A well as being angry she's also very emotional. Like she couldn't find her keys so she started to get really upset and started to cry which is really unlike her. She also started to get upset because I didn't get what I said I would get for dinner. She never is normally like this which is why Im so worried

Last edited:

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
I would say do whatever you have to do to get her to see someone. She could be depressed. Not to scare you.. but it could be drugs. She needs someone to talk to if this is becoming her normal.

FCMommy

Feb 12, 2013
I second the suggestion for counseling. It sounds like she's having a rough time and needs someone to talk to and Mom2all is right that it could be something serious. I had a foster daughter for awhile who had a similar sort of sudden personality shift. In the course of a couple weeks she reversed months of progress and we were really worried. A couple of sessions with a good counselor and she was back in a place where she could communicate about things and move forward again.