Virtual Pet Games for Kids...

Kassie82

Banned
Nov 24, 2015
Hi!My name is Kassie and I'm a mother of two (4 and 2 years old). Last year I discovered My Talking Dog - Virtual Pet and the older kid loved it. Since then, we have been playing several different virtual pet games such as My Talking Panda, My Talking Elephant, My Talking Pinocchio and the latest was My Talking Bella.

The younger one started playing with us as well. My impression is that these games encourage empathy in children and sense of responsibility.

These games are developed by Peaksel and you can find them on the company website: www.peaksel.com

Last edited:

marrykerry77

Jan 9, 2016
<t>It seems to me that developing sense of responsibility through mobile gadgets is a doubtful affair. Such games make kids get worried for no reason - they start being distracted and detached from real life. When I was a little girl kids were fond of Tamagotchi electronic pets. They didn’t want to study and became hysterical when the electronic pet became sick or died. Get your kid a dog! Make him feel responsibility for a living creature!</t>

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
I think kids should focus on expanding their interests and responsibilities away from screen time. As much as I enjoyed video games, I had more fun actually doing things.

nwcrazy

PF Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2011
Truthfully, why does it matter whether or not your kids get something YOU think is important from a game? If they are having fun, then that is its own reward. Like ANYTHING else, moderation is key.

Kassie82

Banned
Nov 24, 2015
I support activities away from phones, tablets and computers, but the reality is that our kids will be living in the world of technology and must learn how to use these devices in early age. Learning through having fun is the best way of learning and this kind of apps is fun to them.