We got Bek's primary school offers on friday...

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
She has been accepted into 3 of the 4 public schools we applied for (she was rejected from Woori Yallock Primary because of the distance). Now we just have to pick one.

She's so damn adorable, DH is showing her the school's websites to jog her memory of the open days to see which one she likes most. She wants to go to our local one because there is no uniform (but I dont want her to go there because theres only 18 kids in the entire school and I want her in a bigger school, but if we were going public we had to apply to our one, we had no choice) she wants to go to another because they have a canteen, and the other because they have a sleepover at school in grade 2, and because its called Kangaroo Ground Primary and she thinks that there are kangaroos hopping around the playground:biglaugh:

Really its going to come down to John and I discussing the two bigger schools, but were just so excited that we actually have a choice. I was so worried that she would be stuck in crummy old Christmas Hills Primary with classes of 6 or 7 children ranging within 3 years of each other.

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
An update, we sent our confirmation details in for one of he schools, she's enrolled for next year, we went to a 'new parents of the school' night last night where we got all the information about the uniforms and curriculum, and in a months time we should get an information pack about who her teacher is, aswell as a list of who is in her class and the dates for her 'new prep transition day', the date of the day that her new teacher will visit her in kindergarten and the date of the 'new prep uniform sale' which is a day when they sell the uniforms at discount prices to the parents of the new preps (prep is the year between kindergarten and grade 1 in victoria, I should probably clarify that as I can imagine most people pulling this face "o.0?")

This is so exciting. I cant wait to buy her uniform, she will look so cute in it. Their summer uniform is a blue and white checked button-up dress with a white collar and sleeve cuffs, in winter they wear a pale blue polo shirt with a navy pleated tunic and navy tights, then they have their sports uniforms which is a polo shirt with a skort in summer and trakkie dacks in winter, ahh she's going to look cute.

We only found out recently that the school has an equestrian team and its all that Bek can talk about as she's always wanted to do horse riding, so its really exciting.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Well let me be the first to say o.0?....

some of that all seems so foreign (no pun intended) but i get the idea, she got into a great school, you're proud and she's gonna look cute. How great! Thanks for sharing. oh, and let's not forget the horses....

We have our first year with uniforms this year....gulp it's an adventure.

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
Haha, Australian schools are a bit confusing, we like to be completely different form the rest of the world in invent new year levels, and cover everyone in uniforms, regardless of whether its public of private.

The horses came as a shock to me, we do live out rural way so it really isnt that surprising, but there was no mention of any horses prior to that information evening.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
AmyBelle said:
there was no mention of any horses prior to that information evening.
maybe they don't want people applying solely for the equestrian program...

Rosa

PF Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2009
Wales
Equestrian programs are really good, virtually all schools have them where we are, expect Bek to come home with bruises and lots of them!

motiv8r

Aug 2, 2009
AmyBelle, it sounds like you had more than one government-run school to choose from. Is that common in Australia?

Where I grew up (San Diego, California), there was little or no freedom of choice. The school district assigned me to a school based on the location of my house.