Wedding Ideas...

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
So, as you all know, firefly and I are getting married. The date is May 9 of next year. What did you do for your wedding that you really liked? It could be anything...decorations, invitation ideas, picture poses..anything that you thought was really cool. We'd really like to get some good ideas that we can use to make our wedding really stand out.

Thanks!!!

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
LOL! And those pictures were awesome, but we're going to stay in the Cleveland area. Though, we decided that the honeymoon is going to be in Punta Cana.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Congrats on your upcoming marriage! DH and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary next month. Our wedding day was one of the best days of my life. :) We had a church wedding with about 150 guests. Very fond memories... One thing I can tell you is that it's not necessary to spend a lot of money or go all out on all the frills. We kept things simple and included family members who offered their services. My MIL was a caterer and catered our reception. My Mom happens to do silk flower arrangements, so she did all the flowers. My brother DJed on the side at the time and did our reception. He also videotaped the ceremony. My sister was one of my bridesmaids. DH's brother was an usher. Looking back, it makes me smile to know our close family members played such important parts in our wedding.

Have fun planning!

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Great thought Trina, and actually we're doing some of that. My brother will be doing the photography (he's a photo major at Ohio State). A friend will be doing the music, and another friend (a pastor) will be perfoming the wedding. And yet another friend will be doing the cake. We're definately trying to save as much money as possible and keep it simple.

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
I am also getting married this comming year! (Feb 14, 2009) Congrats on yours. We also are trying to save were we can, though we don't know any photgraphers or DJ's and my husband (well soon to be but I call him my husband) won't let me cook because he says I'll be stressed out an then yell at him on our wedding day..lol..(I'll probably have to yell at him for something else anyway..lol).. But so far it's working out pretty good. A few things I'm doing is I'm making invitation myself, and a kind of nice thing I'm going to do is ask couples who are married and want to say the vows with us to turn to each other and do so (since it'll be valentines day an all, I want it to be a love, life, and family celebration included in our wedding). If I find anyother money saving ideas I will keep you posted. Good luck!!

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
Hi Fallon.... I know I fell of the face of the earth...lol... My computer was down and I had morning sickness till like the 3rd trimester started (and ya know it started right after I told you all that everything was going good and that i didn't have morning sickness with my daughters or with this pregnancy- you wished it on me didn't you???LOL) Nice to see your still here!

mandrsmom

PF Regular
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
Is your daughter going to be included in the wedding?

Sorry, still pretty new here, so I don't know your situation.

At my wedding, my daughter was 4, and my husband gave her a ring on a chain, after our rings were complete. (He's not her BIO dad, but adopted her the same year). She wasn't a flower girl, but kind of a mini bride, he even said vows to her (vowing to love her, listen to her,and take care of her). It was really special, my favorite pictures of the wedding are the one's of the two of them alone or the three of us. It was a real family day, not just about us. Also remember, bigger does not mean better. Having family and friends around is the most important part.

Just remembered don't forget black and white pictures they are so pretty.