Welcome Cerridwyn Lynnette...

Computerdad

PF Regular
Oct 19, 2010
Summerville, SC
Congratulations from the bottom of my heart which nearly emptied when i saw those pictures. i saw myself behind the camera in those shots and in the position of that young man(presumably your husband) sleeping with the babai on his tummy. :')

do they think the jaundice was related to the interventions during birth? i've been obsessed with the after effects of interventions.

DruidMom

PF Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2010
Slinger, WI
Thanks everyone. Yes, I've been getting sleep, but not a whole lot. Cerridwyn cries every couple hours at night, which is not unexpected, but in update we had to take her for yet another heel prick today and the doctor said the results of it reveal jaundice levels still above normal. They want us to go in tomorrow again for yet another heel prick and for her to be weighed. I'm really worried because the pediatrician she went to see yesterday said if they have high levels it can lead to brain damage. They haven't said if they think its because of the intervention or not, but they did say that because she came early it could be a result of it. I can only hope that everything will be okay. I was told by my mother that when I was a baby I had the same problem so I can only hope she has her momma's resiliency. Please keep us in your thoughts guys, I might be overreacting on this but its my first baby so I can't help but be very worried about my daughter.
And computerdad, yes the man in the pictures is my husband.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Aww, poor thing, Jaundice stinks. :( Eli had it pretty bad too, this nurse had to come out to our house and show me how to put this thing on him called a "Wallaby" I think lol and it was basically this big thing he wore around his chest that glowed with a bluish light (I guess it uses "phototherapy" or something) and it was hooked up to a machine. He had to wear it for most of the day and night for a while, I don't remember how long. We joked about how he was our little glow worm. :p I just hated how they had to prick his little foot constantly to check on it though. :(

I hope she feels better and it clears up soon!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Here's a good picture of what it looks like. Disclaimer, this is not Eli lol. All pictures I have of him being a glow worm are not digital unfortunately. :/

DruidMom

PF Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2010
Slinger, WI
Yea, they call it a billy blanket here and she might end up with one. We've been exposing her to natural sunlight as often as we can in the hopes that we won't need one but it might turn out she does. I think they want to have her weighed so they can see if she is gaining weight because if she isn't that might be cause for them to think it is very severe. I just hope that things get better and she won't need one. I mean, because they say that Jaundice peaks around 4 or 5 days so maybe by tomorrow it will start to dissipate. But I guess if she needs a billy blanket, its not such a bad thing as long as it doesn't take too long for her to get better because she honestly doesn't look that yellow.

DruidMom

PF Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2010
Slinger, WI
Another status update. She no longer needs to get her heel pricked anymore, thank goodness. Her billiruben level has started to decline and so she only has to see the pediatrician again in two weeks to have her weight checked. Her coloration seems to be slowly turning back to normal and the pediatrician we saw the other day said that her stool being orange (I didn't mention this earlier) means she is expelling the excess billiruben which is good. So hopefully she will be about normal by next week.
So for now, I'll be giving everyone some more photos of the baby girl. But this time, professional photos that were taken at the hospital.

DruidMom

PF Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2010
Slinger, WI
Nah. She actually has her mommy's hair color which means she will most likely have my dark brownish-red hair. I mean, its brown but it still has a coppery sheen in the sunlight. But she does have his green-blue eyes.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Those pictures are gorgeous!! What a sweety! And plenty of hair too! :) Very beautiful family.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
She is beautiful!!!! And I must say, those are among the BEST hospital pictures I have EVER seen! Since I'm going to be in your shoes very soon, tell me how you manage to give birth and not look like complete hell afterwards? Because you look amazing!

DruidMom

PF Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2010
Slinger, WI
lol, I had a quick labor and delivery. Labor was around 1-2 hours and pushing was about 10 minutes. Believe me, even if I didn't look like hell, I felt like it.

DruidMom

PF Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2010
Slinger, WI
Yea, but only for a couple hours of the morning. And they used the gel to start inducing the day before. But actual labor was only a couple hours.

DruidMom

PF Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2010
Slinger, WI
Yea, they had me do all my laboring at the hospital. So that was basically a day and a night of regular early labor and then around 11am they broke my water and it was immediately after that which the contractions started. I got the epidural put in, and then she was born by 12:22am.