Well, hello world!...

Luke

Jul 16, 2012
Hello everyone!

My name is Luke, by forum alias and by birth certificate :)

A little about me;

I am 27 years old, for another month at least, work in the IT industry, have 2 children (A boy and a girl, Riley and Kenzie, who are 6 and 5 respectively) and live with my partner who has a 22 month old son from a previous relationship.

I am unsure why I am here, but here I am. I guess deep down I feel I need to know I am doing the right things with my children (Split with their mother 4 years ago) and there is also issues with my partners son and her ex making stupid demands in court (Ended due to abusive behaviour against both of them)

Hoping I find some answers, inspiration and idea's from like minded people.

Glad to be aboard :)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
ahoy Luke...ok, I can't keep up the nautical schtick...

Welcome. I think you'll find a lot of step parenting and issues surrounding various relationships here. One of the things I love about this place is that it's more "Parent" centric than "Mommy" centric. Someplaces I tried made me feel wierd for being an involved caring dad. I love learning from both dad's and mom's here.

So, look forward to seeing you post.

BTW, I'm Ray, married 49 yo dad to two boys, 5 and 10 in Iowa.

Luke

Jul 16, 2012
Aww, can't keep it up? I was hoping for some forum based pirate fancy dress :p

Maybe I should have included my country of residence -- oops!

That would be England for me. Yes, that little strange shaped thing between America and... gah, my geography is diabolical... The country the other side

A pleasure to meet you, Ray.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Luke said:
Aww, can't keep it up? I was hoping for some forum based pirate fancy dress :p

Maybe I should have included my country of residence -- oops!

That would be England for me. Yes, that little strange shaped thing between America and... gah, my geography is diabolical... The country the other side

A pleasure to meet you, Ray.
the shape isn't the only strange thing... ;-)What part of England?

All ready for the Olympics? Ready for people to stop asking you?

Are you a football fan? Who do you support?

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
Hey Luke, welcome to the forums. I work in IT/Computer Programming and when I saw your thread title, I thought of the classic basic computer program many C/C++ developers first write. Then found out you were in IT and chuckled to myself. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but welcome.

EDIT:

I'm a 30 year old father of a 14 month old son

Luke

Jul 16, 2012
Incogneato said:
Hey Luke, welcome to the forums. I work in IT/Computer Programming and when I saw your thread title, I thought of the classic basic computer program many C/C++ developers first write. Then found out you were in IT and chuckled to myself. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but welcome.

EDIT:

I'm a 30 year old father of a 14 month old son
Sadly my field is nothing as superior as the C family, but merely PHP development, but we can't all be perfect ;P

And no, it wasn't intentional, but the fact I had just decided to drop a website and leave it's main page as;

<CODE>
Code:
<i>
</i>&lt;?php echo 'Hello world!'; ?&gt;
</CODE>

May have had something to do with it -- oops!

And thank you for the welcome :)

jack123

PF Enthusiast
May 9, 2012
Hey Luke, Welcome. You are at the right place. You will get all kinds of answers related to parenting here, with a diverse group of individuals who can help you out.