Well my divorce is official!...

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Today was the final hearing.

Things went my way...the judge all but laughed in my wife's face when she wanted $6k and 300 a month alimony. All I have to give her is half of the stimulus check we received, and that's it.

It still sucks. I hate everyone today.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
He's not mine, so he's not an issue.

I asked her if I could take him to go buy some toys so I could say goodbye, and she said no. Par for the course.

It was pretty infuriating watching her lie to the judge over and over about how I was cheating, and psychologically and verbally abusive I was.

Thanks Fallon :) It's weird how you can't wait to be done with it, and separated from such a horrible person, but something inside is still sad.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I'm so sorry, I'm sure this is a rough time for you. You know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the next chapter of your life is more fulfilling and filled with happier times.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
FooserX said:
He's not mine, so he's not an issue.

I asked her if I could take him to go buy some toys so I could say goodbye, and she said no. Par for the course.

It was pretty infuriating watching her lie to the judge over and over about how I was cheating, and psychologically and verbally abusive I was.

Thanks Fallon :) It's weird how you can't wait to be done with it, and separated from such a horrible person, but something inside is still sad.
Yuck. I know how that feels. My stomach feels sick.

Onward and Upward. I hope you find your bliss.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
If it is any consolation everyone in my family is happier in their second marriages than their first...

I'm still dealing with some VERY SERIOUS stuff with my X and we have been seperated for nearly three years now. I would love nothing more than to have had a clean divorce.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Good Wolf said:
If it is any consolation everyone in my family is happier in their second marriages than their first...

I'm still dealing with some VERY SERIOUS stuff with my X and we have been seperated for nearly three years now. I would love nothing more than to have had a clean divorce.

I second this motion.

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
Fooser .. shes 5 years in my past and theres still the day here and there that I ponder "what was" ... but at the same time Im elated at "what is".

The bitterness goes away after a while as long as you dont let it consume you .. but it does go away.

Theres another thing to ponder here ... bitterness makes the sweeter things taste that much better ...

as a final thought ... in your transition stage and the new banner of life that your sliding down .. when all else doenst seem to be working ... 21 year old strippers work well ;)
Kidding ... sorta)

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Thanks Super Fallon.

I'm not really too sad anymore about the divorce. I really have no interest in that vile :censored: anymore after all the lies and decisions she made that lead to divorce. I'll see her at work every now and then and it doesn't really bother me.

I'm still definitely struggling with the loss of my son. I have been seeing him a few times a week, but he's starting kindergarden soon, so I think it's time to move on. When I do see him, he doesn't act the same anymore...so it's just time to leave I think.

Jordana

Mar 10, 2010
Fooser, I hear from you that divorce can be a good and healthy step for everyone involved, but I had to respond after your last post. I'm the children of bitterly divorced parents and a psychologist in training and have learned the hard way about divorced parents dos and don'ts. Yes, it is different now that you don't live with your son, and you both are changing and on some level growing apart. Divorce is especially difficult for parents without custody sometimes they feel like strangers with their children and vise versa. It was painful to read what you wrote about the loss of your son.

But, although the situation is painful at least you retain a relationship with him and get to see him grow. If you leave you have truly lost him. He may feel abandoned and unloved, and later when you regret your decision it will be hard to rebuild. Although it might be difficult now, your relationship with him may improve over time and through building a healthy routine together. He may not seem the same anymore because he is going through a super difficult time maybe blaming himself for the divorce and dealing with the changes in his life. Maybe understanding him and forgiving him and speaking to him to show you love him and have not abandoned him may renew the relationship and rebuild trust.

Can you really 'move on' from your son?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Jordana, we appreciate you posting, but this thread is close to 3 years old. You're bumping a dead thread. We ask that you try not to post in any thread with a last post date any older than 30 days. Fooser isn't really even here anymore, and chances are he has resolved this issue by now. Please take a look at our forum rules and guidelines. :)

http://www.parentingforums.org/f17/rules-guidelines-read-before-posting-7179.html[/URL]

Thanks!