What brought you here?...

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
I started a similar thread way back when...

It predated:

Dadu, who has made Mod, and I truly believe that was an excellent move...

Sirk, who I would ask out on a date in a heartbeat, but alas, she's currently given up on dating...

Fallon was here, and knows she's earned a place in my heart...

Philly, who's just the bestest guy ever...

Father, who is simply an outstanding human being...

Xero was here, and reminds me of my baby sister, (quite possibly the best compliment I could ever give anyone)

Trina....the best!

Meow....you totally rock girl!, I think so highly of you.

Zeit....you and me will get along just fine buddy.

Aponder...you as well, very cool!

16th...really, really happy to know you.

Mom2Many....you amaze me on so Many levels

I will get to the rest later.....not meaning to insult, but I want to get on with this thread...

So what brought you here? ...I will start with my original answer from June 2008

"My daughter pee'd her pants 3 times in one hour"
(after being fully potty trained for many months)...my questions were fully answered and it never happened again.

I just never left.

Your turn.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I had forgotten a lot about having an infant in 4 yrs...lol I needed some refreshment on a few things

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
My kids are always on my mind. I think my co-workers get sick of me telling stories about them after awhile.

I came searching for answers for DD and her Autism. I stayed for the community of like minded people.

While I havent been here for a long time. I do spend a lot of time reading the oldest post on the boards. I think with out much exception the people on this board are simply intrested in doing what is best for there kids. And sharing there experiences. It creates and stimulates the passion I feel for my family.

Its fun and informative at the same time.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
<I>Needed a reminder that i wasn't the only one going through this crazy thing called Parent Hood.-----&gt; yes the tantrums are normal, get tips for ways to make them behave, links for educational games, conversations with adults that can relate and/or have already been there, someone to answer questions about things kids do, opinions on handling different things, to learn new things.
Basically just all the stuff people bring up in here.
</I>

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Music-dad said:
I started a similar thread way back when...

It predated:

Dadu, who has made Mod, and I truly believe that was an excellent move...
Thank you Rob, that's very nice. :)

I came here with a question about child masterbation. My daughter started displaying some weird behavior where she would tense her whole body and almost "zone out". Didn't know what the heck it was or how I stop it. There's more details I'm leaving out, but that's the short version.

So, basically the people here were very supportive of the situation and completely opened my eyes to the normalcy of the situation. I was very thankful of the support and stuck around. And now ya'll can't seem to get rid of me. :D

JessicaMadison

PF Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2008
I was completely bored and wanted to expand my knowledge of parenthood and help others. Basically, I'm very pregnant and haven't had a baby in 7 years and have never had twins. I'm scared to death about having twins, I needed answers, help, people who feel the same way, friendly conversation, make use of my time and not just lay in bed. I was looking for something. And I found it here. :)

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
We were getting emails from people, including staff, saying they were leaving because a certain mod was being a nazi.

So I had to come squash it. :eek:

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Music-dad said:
Sirk, who I would ask out on a date in a heartbeat, but alas, she's currently given up on dating...
you just want me for the green card. ;)

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Sirk said:
We were getting emails from people, including staff, saying they were leaving because a certain mod was being a nazi.

So I had to come squash it. :eek:
I went back and read the post when you started. Quite a deal going on then.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
bssage said:
I went back and read the post when you started. Quite a deal going on then.
Oh, I remember that time like it was yesterday.

I loved Sirk's first thread "Oh no, that just doesn't fly with me"...

It was like she made us all sit cross-legged on the floor and listen up.:)

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
I came here with issues that's for sure and some would say that I still have issues but the real reason that I came here was because I was in search of social interactions with those that had similar issues and concerns.

As many of you know the majority of my posts are of an off topic nature. I was a member of music forum but most of the people there were 12 year olds looking to flame somebody. I wanted a more mature group of people. I know it's funny to hear me say that but I wanted a place where I could joke around between issues but still give good advice as well as receive it without getting flamed regularly.

Plus I don't make friends easily in the real world. So I guess I was looking for a few friends too. It worked I have found some.

I stay because I can joke and be serious and there is a time and place for everything. Also Steve knows where I live. If I left I would be afraid that he would egg my house.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
I came here when I was pregnant because I knew I had no idea what I was doing but I did know that I was going to nurse and do things differently from my family and they couldn't support me so I turned to you guys :)

Lots of people I really enjoyed have left now though. Miss you guys! &lt;3

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Music-dad said:
Xero was here, and reminds me of my baby sister, (quite possibly the best compliment I could ever give anyone)
Thank you music dad! I always wanted an older brother. I'm surprised you remember me being here then! I disappeared for awhile eh! haha

I came because Eli was a difficult baby and I wanted advice from other parents because I don't have very many friends lol. My original thread was that he didn't sleep through the night and he woke up all the time to eat like crazy and I was exausted. It's a lucky thing I came here and did some other asking around, because I've got his sleeping schedule down to a T now. There was much more to it than I originally and everyone here really helps me feel like a better mom and helps me in my time of need and I really appreciate this forum!!!!!

I wasn't here when Sirk came to step on the nazi, but I believe it because I remember a lot of people getting banned for unknown reasons (to me). I came back and there was Sirk and it said forum mother and I was like wow when did we get a mommy lol. :p

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL!! My mom told me that once. I probably replied to your first thread! I remember you too. And Meow and skyburning and of course Fallon and a few others.