What do yall think??...

Lostone

Oct 4, 2013
Hi I am a mom to a beautiful 2 year old girl. I love her sooo much and my OCD plays with my brain so much it drives me crazy sometimes.Have my ups and downs :/ Anyway I had a dream the other morning that I was kissing someone,my daughter was sleeping with me; I remember waking up and hair and the side of her head and hair was in my face. I am terrified that while dreaming I may have kissed the side of her head/ hair while I was kissing the person in my dream!! I feel guilty. Am I overreacting? Everyone Ive talked to laughs and says its nothing.

Last edited:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I would probably laugh it off. But then I kiss my kids on the head all the time, I just happen to be awake while doing it.

Lostone

Oct 4, 2013
I do too. Just freaked me out because I was dreaming of kissing a guy :/ And made me feel guilty. Thanks for replying I need sone reassurance.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Haha, I'm sorry I did have to laugh a little bit, I think that's a bit silly to worry about. First of all, mothers are supposed to kiss their children, it's natural. :) In fact, I kiss my children on the mouth. DH does too. It's just the way we were raised, I guess. It's normal to me, and to my kids. They love hugs and kisses. I definitely kiss their faces/heads/hair often enough too. It's alright to show affection. I think I get where you are coming from, that you kissed her while thinking of a romantic feeling with a man, and that obviously feels wrong. But you know what, she has no idea what you were dreaming about at the time, so to her it had no such awkward meaning. :)

Nothing wrong with her being in your bed either, my 2 year old is still in mine (like every night, all night haha) and my 6 year old was in our bed until he was 3.

Lostone

Oct 4, 2013
Xero said:
Haha, I'm sorry I did have to laugh a little bit, I think that's a bit silly to worry about. First of all, mothers are supposed to kiss their children, it's natural. :) In fact, I kiss my children on the mouth. DH does too. It's just the way we were raised, I guess. It's normal to me, and to my kids. They love hugs and kisses. I definitely kiss their faces/heads/hair often enough too. It's alright to show affection. I think I get where you are coming from, that you kissed her while thinking of a romantic feeling with a man, and that obviously feels wrong. But you know what, she has no idea what you were dreaming about at the time, so to her it had no such awkward meaning. :)

Nothing wrong with her being in your bed either, my 2 year old is still in mine (like every night, all night haha) and my 6 year old was in our bed until he was 3.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah it was because it was like a french kiss with a man in my dream. Believe me when I am awake I kiss her all the time! She loves to kiss me and her daddy on the lips. Not an issue. Just really freaked out by the dream thing

babybibsplus

PF Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2016
Funny story, but nothing to be concerned about. She is to young to understand. Hope you find that guy. lol

marrykerry77

Jan 9, 2016
<t>I believe that she’s too young to get it, why should you feel guilty for something you didn’t mean to do? After all, you did it with love!<br/>
PS One night I watched my husband passionately kiss a pillow. He thought it was me while dreaming (or that was what he said).  Oh, I’ve never laughed that much before in my life…</t>