What do you do for your spouse?...

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
I was just wondering what you all do (not asked of course) to show your spouse you care and love them. I am talking something not asked for, whether it is a small massage at the end of the day, a dreaded chore around the house, something like that or better?? And do you feel bad when they have done that for you, or do you just love them more for it?

I am asking because before my daughter was born I made a promise to my husband that as soon as she was born I would help him with his diet and help him lose weight-I have been getting up early in the mornings to make his breakfast as well as his lunch for the day. He started a new job this week that requires him to leave the house before 5:30 in the morning, yeah sucks for both of us. Now I am getting up at 4:45 in the morning just to make his meals, and get ready for the day. I do it not because I am a martyr or because I have to-because I want to and that is the promise I made to him. He is having trouble with this because I don't get home from work until 7-7:15 and all we have time to do at night is feed Bailey and put her to bed, before we have to go to bed. Doesn't leave much time for us. I wish he wouldn't feel bad-I wouldn't do it if i didn't care. Any similar stories or how do you show your spouse you care?????

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I'm not co-dependant at all. When he's here he knows he has the same responsibilities that I do. Maybe this is a nice way of your husband telling you he wants his mornings to himself? He may love you but may want to be alone at 4 in the morning?

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
I think all my wife cares about getting is money and superficial crap.

Maybe she's related to Music somehow.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I try to let Jack know every day. He's spoiled beyond belief, that man. When he goes in to take a shower, there is a fresh towel waiting for him on the sink. When he comes out, his entire outfit (Including shoes) is waiting for him on the bed. I get his stuff together in a pile for work. He doesn't have to make his own dinner plate, get his own drink, take his own stuff to the laundry or the sink.

However, he works 12+ hours a day. I like being able to take care of him and let him just relax when he gets home after a long day. I don't work, just attend school during the day, so it's no big thing to me to have the stuff done.

He does, however, often get up and help me, despite my attempts to talk him into just going back and relaxing. It makes me feel bad when he's up helping because he worked all day, but it also makes me feel very loved to know that he appreciates me and wants to help me.