What do you guys think of this? Honest opinions please!...

Cazeur

Jul 21, 2010
Kent. UK
I live in Kent and there is a school taxi service here. I haven't used it for mine as I am lucky to be around, but the taxis are clearly marked and I have noticed that many of the drivers are 20 something women. I'm not sure if this would instil more confidence in some parents. Not meaning to offend, but some people might feel more comfortable with a female stranger than a male stranger ferrying their kids around?

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
There are already loads of services like this in the UK, they run alongside normal taxi businesses, how else do you think lone children get to school, after school clubs etc in taxi's?

jimmyabs

Jul 19, 2010
Well if there are they are really badly advertised, as I have done some research online and offline and I dont see any sign of them, not on a big scale. They always say if you think you can do it better then there is a market! Thanks for all your input!

SDenham

Aug 26, 2010
Panama City, FL
I would think this kind of business would have a particular challenge.

Scheduling. Here is why. Most activities begin around the 5-7 time frame. you would need twice as many, if not more, vehicles and drivers during that time to handle the demand, how will you make it profitable for the drivers?

I guess college students and people only wanting to work a few hours a day, would cover it, but you'd really have to stay on top of weekend events, and know what was going on where PRIOR to the event, to be able to schedule accordingly.

No reason not to try it, just a concern. Have a go! BEst of luck to you!

I'm a former Limo driver, and my favorite trips were the ones where you're picking up the princess and her friends for a night out at the pizza place. It really is a good gig.