What has everyone been up to?...

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
It's been very quiet here lately, what's going on in everyone's lives at the moment?

We have had birthday madness here recently. Sunny and Lux were in the last week of August (two days apart) and Sunny had a sleepover party and Lux had a party at the roller rink. Azriel's birthday is technically today, however he had a bunch of friends "camping out" in the backyard last night. I believe it was around 3am when they all brought their frozen backsides inside and fell asleep in the lounge instead, HAHA. But now they are back outside cooking potatoes and toast on the barbecue, because they have decided that barbecued potatoes and toast make a good breakfast.

Sasha broke his arm, he fell out of the tree and now he has it in a cast, which he thinks is pretty cool. Dita is stressed about her exams which are coming up very soon (as university entry in Australia is based solely on your exam scores, you apply 'anonymously' with your combined score of all your exams out of 100, and they basically offer spots to all the kids who apply with the highest scores)

And I have been absolutely busy with work, it's spring here, and of course spring weddings are all the rage, so I have work coming out of everywhere at the moment. Oh, and my husband is doing the same old same old.

What is happening with everyone else?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh, ODS's birthday was on the 1st, his actual party isn't for a bit here though. We did go out with a friend that day to a "Bounce a lot Playland" lol and to dinner, had cupcakes and he got his presents from us. The party will be fun, we have it set up at his favorite park.

He also just started his last year of preschool. He loves it, of course, just like last year. :)

YDS is a teething monster right now. I can see two new teeth poking through on the bottom, probably at their most painful stage slowly cutting through the gums right now. He is drooling and whining and waking up crying a lot at night, it stinks! He's not eating great and gets mad while nursing. Sigh. I wish they would just hurry up and get all the way through already. Motrin, teething tablets, and teething necklace seem to help somewhat haha.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Been working like mad. Cole's school open house is Monday. Chloe's IEP meeting Tues morning, DHS Tues evening. Have appointments with her internist who broke her arm and had to postpone. And a IQ test at university to qualify her for services.

Chloe speaks very quite. Almost a wisper. So we have been working on getting her to speak louder (yeah I know careful what you wish for) If we say yell she will holler "I LOVE YOU DADDY!" "GOOD NIGHT DADDY!" ect. kinda cute. At least we can hear her now.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
bssage said:
Chloe speaks very quite. Almost a wisper. So we have been working on getting her to speak louder (yeah I know careful what you wish for) If we say yell she will holler "I LOVE YOU DADDY!" "GOOD NIGHT DADDY!" ect. kinda cute. At least we can hear her now.
LOL that was Ted, they had to work long and hard with him on tone. He would talk so softly that the only way you could hear him was when your face was right next to him.

I've been pretty busy...it's homeschooling time and getting back in the groove takes a little time. Beyond that, i am about to strangle a mechanic. They have had Sam's car for over a month, it was supposed to be fixed in a week and we still don't have it. I have left messages and still no reply (the owner), called the shop and one guy keeps saying a few more days. Today I left a nasty message. I am seriously not going to pay for labor, we already paid for all of the parts but if nothing happens by Monday I will see what we can do legally.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Things have been rough for me. I haven't had much to say, but I still check on all of you every day :) Most of my woes are financial and ex related.
Ilo is getting so big! He is getting into that "no" stage, but he is still mostly a sweet little boy. He is a dare devil too!!! My oldest was not like that, so this is a new thing for me. I try to let him test his physical limits, but not put himself in grave danger.

Luca has begun homeschool. We started a few weeks ago and we are still trying to figure things out. He is doing an online program that also has a full set of text/work books. I think it's a nice balance between the two. But it sure is a challenge for me since I work 50 hours a week and am homeschooling him at the same time. We've had some really good days and some not so good days. I am still hoping I made the right decision about all of this. His father is not helping in too many ways to even mention.

Just trying to keep my chin up! We are in our slowest time of the year for business and it is going to be a struggle to get through the next 6 weeks. So I am just doing everything I can to make it.

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
My oldest daughter, Jessie, and her honey are looking at rings. :D She's 22 and been with him since she was 17 so I guess its time.. but am I really that old???? :eek:
My son, Adam, finally found a job and a girl he likes that I can actually like too. Yay
Second oldest, 19 year old Jon, just moved out and in with his girlfriend and her children. She's almost my age, he hasn't brought her home to meet us.. not sure really how we're felling about all that yet. :veryconfused:
The younger 3 are all back in school. Sean's not able to play sports due to a nerve injury which is killing him. BUT we may have found a way to heal it without the invasive surgery to put some wires in his spine to control pain by going to a foot doctor. :)
Katherine is in advanced classes again and loving life. Our goal for her is to get her out more.
and lastly, my baby, 14 year old Drew, has just hit the "I gotta look rocking hot" stage. New style, spends more time looking at his face and hair than any of us, and now is on the phone with a little girl whom he says he's dating. He's not old enough to go on a actual date, so dating now is facebook messages and phone calls... he appears to be dating seriously. :p

My honey is back in college, hating his math teacher. :)
And me.. I finally got the union into our center at work. BUT THE BEST FOR ME..

My Mom was killed by her abuser 7 years ago. I finally got the nerve to make her a page to advocate for victims of domestic abuse and its been.. well I can't really put that in words. I have a meeting with a director of shelter who wants to talk about Mom's story to help the community although at this point he's not really told me what he's asking for. I'm hopeful she can save someone else.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Mom2all said:
My oldest daughter, Jessie, and her honey are looking at rings. :D
Congratulations! (assuming you like the guy...)

Me... I've been really busy. Since I can't really stay at the office late, with having to pick my DD up from school and all that, I end up taking work home with me too often these days :( Anyway, at least I can take work home, at least for the moment.

Beyond that - the usual. Being dad to a almost 6-year old girl is time-consuming, but I don't mind that either. I just love how her personality is developing almost daily. She's really growing up unbelievably fast (and turning into a carbon-copy of her mom!) Oh, I finally gave in and granted her wish, enrolling her in a gymnastics class. :) She just couldn't get over her obsession with it, and when I read how good it will be for her balance, co-ordination, etc, as well as teaching discipline and focus, I figured what the hell, if she can get all those benefits while enjoying herself, why not?

And then there's trying to figure out my relationship with a girl who is beginning to ask more and more of me, commitment wise, and I just don't know if I can give it. Meh. Its complicated. I hate complicated. I like life simple. :(

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
stjohnjulie said:
Things have been rough for me. I haven't had much to say, but I still check on all of you every day :) Most of my woes are financial and ex related.
Ilo is getting so big! He is getting into that "no" stage, but he is still mostly a sweet little boy. He is a dare devil too!!! My oldest was not like that, so this is a new thing for me. I try to let him test his physical limits, but not put himself in grave danger.

Luca has begun homeschool. We started a few weeks ago and we are still trying to figure things out. He is doing an online program that also has a full set of text/work books. I think it's a nice balance between the two. But it sure is a challenge for me since I work 50 hours a week and am homeschooling him at the same time. We've had some really good days and some not so good days. I am still hoping I made the right decision about all of this. His father is not helping in too many ways to even mention.

Just trying to keep my chin up! We are in our slowest time of the year for business and it is going to be a struggle to get through the next 6 weeks. So I am just doing everything I can to make it.
Keep your head up :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I think those teeth are done cutting, YDS is in a much better mood. :) Yay.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Thanks superman :)

Xero, ilo get's pretty crabby when he cuts teeth too. I can always tell when it's bothering him because he gets upset over the littlest things and pitches a fit. He will start to cry, do this funny thing with his mouth where it looks like he is biting over and over and then throw in some motor boat sounds for good measure, all while standing in the middle of the room with his eyes shut. I do my best to ignore these tantrums, but I have to say, sometimes it's hard not to laugh! I know, I know, not nice, but they are kind of funny to watch. He comes to one of us for comfort when he is ready to, but you just have to leave him be if you want it to stop. It will prolong the episode if you try to touch him, or talk to him.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Aww that's so cute Julie! Yeah, my youngest just cries a lot and is easily upset etc. He also wakes up a lot at night crying and I have to hold him a lot and whatnot. This time, he kept chewing on his fingers and smacking himself in the mouth and pointing at his mouth. :( Poor guy. I'm glad it's over (for now). He motorboats all the time too!!! lol! Too bad our boys can't play together. :)

Last edited:

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
I was in car accident on 9/5 so had alot of other stuff going on. I was driving and mother was in front passenger seat. I received 3 broken toes, displaced fractured sternum and a very sore left shoulder. My mother had her L2 vertebrae broken, 4 ribs broken and hand broken.

My car which was just paid off 3 months ago was totaled. I'm a bit pissed about the car but otherwise thankful that we're still alive.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Holy crap Incogneato! Glad everyone is okay, sounds like your mom got the brunt of it. What happened?

I swear as soon as a vehicle is paid off something happens. My best friends husbands tuck was totaled in a parking lot, one month after they were free and clear. Of course they just bought her a new car, cause she needed it and they could...so they thought.

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
I was traveling straight through an intersection (had the green light) and a car traveling the opposite direction as us, turned left across the road in front of us. It was nearly a head on collision.

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
Well she's still in alot of pain. She's stuck with a turtle type brace around her midsection that she needs to wear most of the time, and the brace on her hand/arm. She was discharged from a rehab center to her home since rehab is limited while still in the braces, but she's been having problems within the last 3/4 days with tingling/numbness in her left leg. She is able to walk a bit, but needs help with alot of daily tasks.