What is\isnt acceptable...

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
<r><QUOTE author="jtee;39060"><s>
jtee said:
</s>Fooser, I am sure Good Wolf can handle you just fine without my help. But if you post another comment like this, I will ban you form this forum. Today, tomorrow, next week. There will not be another warning.<e>
</e></QUOTE>
<br/>
<br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s>Wow…one post all day that was made outside of general that you didn’t like! What are you waiting for!?<e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s> <e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s>Do you just sit at your computer all day and wait for me to post something wrong so you can react like this?? <e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s>Me and Goodwolf are just having fun. I'm doing my best to keep silly posts in "General" (I definitely agree that the forum needs to be clean for visitors), but after 50 posts in a day, sometimes you just wind up posting in another part of the forum without thinking because the conversations with the same people melt together and drift from one thread/rep to the next. OBVIOUSLY it’s playful banter. <e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s>Btw, you’ve posted things before that aren’t directly related to the original post outside of General…everyone does. You also did the whole fake “Freezer” character to bait people and say mean things anonymously to a lot of the people here…so stop acting like you’re so above me just because you have mod powers. <e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s><e></e></COLOR> <br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s>I can't remember the last time Fallon or Kt has said anything to me...the only one taking things the wrong way is you.<e></e></COLOR></r>

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Creating new thread on a discssion started else where in the forum.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Just wanted to move the discussion here so it can continue and people can feel free to speak their mind. Fooser's post was OK.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Can this please be resolved via private messaging? This matter is obviously due to two very overinflated egos and testosterone. Why do the rest of us have to get in the middle of such nonsense? You both are ridiculous.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
Just for the record I told Jtee that I knew Fooser was just messing around and that I took no offense to it. I certaintly don't want to be the cause of any bad blood around here.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Good Wolf said:
Just for the record I told Jtee that I knew Fooser was just messing around and that I took no offense to it. I certaintly don't want to be the cause of any bad blood around here.
no worries

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I am all for fun and banter, and very little restrictions are imposed in General Chat. It should be a fun place, and some spill over will happen. The problem we have had in the past is that it wasn't just occasional spill, it was everywhere. A parent would post a question\problem on PPD and a few people would jump from general chat to that new thread with the same banter and fun, and trash the thread.

I'll agree relax a bit more. I ask in return that parents in this forum do their best to keep banter\fun in General Chat, which I agree has been a lot better than in the past.

Thanks

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Btw, you’ve posted things before that aren’t directly related to the original post outside of General…everyone does. [/quote]

Yes, it is possible that I've been guilty of doing this in the past.

To clarify, the mods all agree that discussion topics in other areas of the forum will drift off topic as one idea leads to another. We all agree that is the natural way topics morph over time. If a topic starts out on "teens and cell phones" and drifted into "Teens and MP3 players " or anything else, it perfectly understandable\acceptable.

Overall I think parents here understand the difference between when a topic drifts and when people jump in and trash the thread. Trashing the thread is the issue, not stopping parents from having some adult fun on-line, unless of course if trashing threads is what parents consider fun. My perception is that parents don't trash threads intentionally, they just get a little carried away and don't realized they are trashing good discussion thread.

Thx

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
Jtee...

You think WAY too much. I think you over think things more than me. That's bad. You kind of have this "big bad moderator" aura about you.

Just my 2 cents.

Nothing more.

Move along.

K.

Thanks.

Bye.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
jtee said:
Yes, it is possible that I've been guiltily of doing this in the past.

To clarify, I think the mods all agree that discussion topics in other areas of the forum will drift off topics as one idea leads to another. We all agree with that natural way topics morph over time. If a topic starts out on "teens and cell phones" and drifted into "Teens and MP3 players " or anything else, it perfectly understandableacceptable.

Overall I think here parents understand the difference between when a topic drifts and when people jump in and trash the thread. Trashing the thread is the issue, not stoping parents from having some adult fun, unless of course if trashing threads is what parents consider fun. My perceptions is that parents don't trash threads intentionally, but when asked to stop they don't always return the General Chat.

Thx
I love trashing threads. :)

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Don't we get enough people telling us what to do (children) and what not to do (spouses)? I see this forum as a place to cut loose and have the fun that we can't have in RL. I know there has to be rules and that totally stinks but, jtee, sweety, you need to chillax.

There are a lot of people here that love Foos. So you'll just have to suck it up and deal with it.

*flashes peace signs*

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
OK, I won't post any further objections on trashed thread outside of general chat. I think for forum has spoken. :)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
1dayatatime said:
I was wondering if anyone would notice I was doing exactly what Jtee was talking about. It was not completely intentional but most of us have so much going on in our lives, people telling us we have to do this, that, and the other thing. I dont like to see the gripeing. Spagetti for everyone!!!
1dayatatime, I'm not sure I am understanding your comment. Can you explain further? Thx :)

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
jtee said:
I am all for fun and banter, and very little restrictions are imposed in General Chat. It should be a fun place, and some spill over will happen. The problem we have had in the past is that it wasn't just occasional spill, it was everywhere. A parent would post a questionproblem on PPD and a few people would jump from general chat to that new thread with the same banter and fun, and trash the thread.

I'll agree relax a bit more. I ask in return that parents in this forum do their best to keep banterfun in General Chat, which I agree has been a lot better than in the past.

Thanks
I was referring to this. There are spills everywhere on here...still. I also like what Lissa said later in the thread. Your a kill joy when you try to correct Foos or anyone else for their sometimes not so nice playful banter. I understand an outsider may read some of the post and take them out of context and be offended. Thats true of any written material. Chillax as Lissa said. We all have the freedom to say hey your comments are hurting my feelings to anyone who makes a comment that does hurt our feelings. I dont need protection/censorship to read/respond to comments on this forum. I do not take offense to your "policing". Only my opinion. The world is full of ALL different kinds of people. That's what makes it intresting.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Thanks for the comments. I know it is nothing personal. :)

The issue is not with everyone, it is primarily with one person. Fooser. If it had been you or pretty much anyone else, I wouldn't have given it much notice because you don't have a long time history of jumping threads, making a snide remarks that result in trashing of otherwise a good discussion as others join in the fray. People in the forum tend to follow him around or viceversa, which is OK, but if he lays bait in a half dozen different threads, then it tends to lead to trashed threads. It may be fun trashing a thread, but then the thread is no longer with worth reading after that point, so the mods have to clean it up or just leave it trashed.

The issue from my perspective is not to stop the fun, just keep good threads from getting trashed while people are having fun. When he keeps himself reasonable, then I am cool with it. What you, and others have not seen is the countless PMs sent to him by all the mods asking him with respect to "please stop". Now that is more public, it looks like he is being picked on, when it has been happening for far too long. Fooser knows I don't think he is a bad guy, we just want him to stop doing a few things we have asked him to stop doing many many times. You'll notice, the mods are not objecting to anything he has been posting in General Chat, because there, his posts are prefectly fine by eveyone, including myself.

Thanks again for the comments.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
jtee said:
I am all for fun and banter, and very little restrictions are imposed in General Chat. It should be a fun place, and some spill over will happen. The problem we have had in the past is that it wasn't just occasional spill, it was everywhere. A parent would post a questionproblem on PPD and a few people would jump from general chat to that new thread with the same banter and fun, and trash the thread.

I'll agree relax a bit more. I ask in return that parents in this forum do their best to keep banterfun in General Chat, which I agree has been a lot better than in the past.

Thanks
I don't see a problem with keep the OT stuff out of serious threads. If someone is asking for help with a personal problem, especially if they are new-ish, they may be put off with the thread being hijacked. It also doesn't make the site seem all that friendly to new members, and there have been new people who have left because of this just in the short time I've been here.

More new members = more posts and more perspectives = gets my vote, as long as General Chat is allowed to be looser.