what is the food that you would die before you would eat?...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
okay, so there's a lot of ground to cover in that question. First of all I like most cole slaws, but try as I might, I can't make myself eat a banana. I try occasionally. I think to myself, millions of people eat these everyday, there's absolutely no reason I can't do it and I try it and gag. There's just something about the texture I can't get past.

Now, could I keep one down if you has a gun to my head, probably.

so, I'd have to say some of those weird asian foods, like scorpion, or sea horses or the foods featured at this interesting site: The 10 Most Disgusting Foods in the World - GROSS!!!

warning, not to be viewed within an hour of consuing any meal.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
I LOVE coleslaw!!! But I hate bananas. I don't gag, and like the flavor, but don't like the actual fruit.

For me, any organ is out. And of course bugs. And don't even try to make me drink a cola.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Jeremy+3 said:
If you're gagging on a banana, well that makes me what you're doing with it...
very funny, No even if you sliced a banana and I tried to eat a piec of it, I would gag. I like Banana bread, dried bananas, just that mushy fruit, yuck, can't get past it.

Oh, and m2m, I forgot about liver - I'm with you on that one! I once order Blutwurst (blood sausage) without knowing what was in it, iT was quite expensive so I had to figure out how to get it down and keep itdown, but i won't make that mistake again.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I like coleslaw! :D haha and bananas and M2M I LOVE honey!! I am tempted to eat it by itself all the time, but I always remind myself how its really not meant to be eaten that way lol.

IADad I wish I wouldn't have looked at that website. hahaha

I know this is petty, but I utterly HATE cooked carrots in any form. I have my whole life!! Just thinking about them makes me feel like gagging a little. >.<

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
glad I could, um, entertain.

oh, I 'm with you on the cooked carrotts, if they aren't too cooked (i.e. they're steamed, still a little crunchy and very hot) then I can stomach them, but I hkind of have to eat them fast, if they're really mushy and especially mushy and cool, that makes me gag too. I also don't like "grainy apples." I guess a lot of my food dislike circle around texture.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
IADad said:
glad I could, um, entertain.

oh, I 'm with you on the cooked carrotts, if they aren't too cooked (i.e. they're steamed, still a little crunchy and very hot) then I can stomach them, but I hkind of have to eat them fast, if they're really mushy and especially mushy and cool, that makes me gag too. I also don't like "grainy apples." I guess a lot of my food dislike circle around texture.
I'm weird about texture too, and so is Eli! He will absolutely not touch fruit snacks/gummies. He wont eat anything real chewy, and I know there's more to it but its not coming to mind at the moment.

Its funny, now that I think of it, my mom also wont eat bananas due to their texture. :laugh:

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
I am big on texture too! I eat raw carrots all day long, pounds of them a week, but if you cook it any more than a gentle stir fry, count me out. I prefer broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, green beans, and most other veggies raw. That's a good thing though, right? Explains the coleslaw thing too.

I don't like ketchup either. I just about gag when my husband slathers the beautiful omelet I just made him with the stuff. Why does he have to go do that???

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
There's only one thing that I simply can't eat, and that's brokkoli - and its about the texture, not the taste. I can eat the stems, but when the head breaks into a million tiny pieces - yuk. Its a horrible feeling.

Apart from that I'm willing to try just about anything at least once, unless its something I have a moral problem with, like sharkfin soup (did you know that there are 73 million sharks killed every year? How long can that last?), birds-nest soup, etc, and things like foie gras that require the animal to suffer for it. I also prefer to stay away from endangered fish.

Right, if anyone wants me, I'll be outside, hugging a tree...

PS: Ofcourse there are several things that would cause me to die AFTER I ate it, but I didn't think they fit the question :p

JessicaMadison

PF Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2008
I won't eat sushi or brie cheese.

Yuck! That site is disgusting! I squealed like a little girl at the goat head! Alright, I would rather die than eat that goat head.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
well Jessica, you can't say I didn't warn you....;-)

and single dad, 73 million...all to be eaten? That's one for every 92 people, and I assume there are some folks out there who must eat a lot of shark. Compared with 1- 1.2 Billion head of cattle slaughtered each year, it doesn't seem so bad, but of course not many people are raising shark are they...so is there a shortage of shark? Not saying you're wrong, just don't have any sense for the numbers. If we're in danger of wiping out the shark or screwing up some eco-system, then by all means boycott Shark tail soup, I just don't know about it.