What is your biggest challenge as a mom?...

What is your biggest challenge as a parent right now?...

• TIME- not enough of it or hard to manage what I have...

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • PATIENCE- how do I develop more?...

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • ENERGY- I'm worn out!...

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • DISCIPLINE of children...

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • NUTRITION- what do I feed my family?...

• POTTY TRAINING- help!...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NURSING- isn't this supposed to be easier?...

• WEIGHT- may I lose some please...

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • BALANCE- how do I acheive balance in my life?...

• DEPRESSION- I want to enjoy life...

• Total voters

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Surprisinly none of the Above.
Time: i always find some time for myself during the day, whether its when luke is napping or he is playing with some toys etc.

Patience: I have always been told that i have excellent patience when it comes to children (even when i used to babysit (although he turns two on friday, so the terrible two's may challenge that!)

Energy: i have lots of it! (unless its near that time of the month, and who has lots of energy then?? LOL)

Discipline: I don't spank, i rarly yell, but i am firm and get my point across.

Nutrition: Everyone here eats a balanced diet, but we always like to take luke for a little treat now and again

Potty Traning: We just started. He will sit on the big boy potty, but he's not peeing in it yet. So when that challenge comes, i shall let you konw!

Nursing: N/A

Weight: I am comfortable with my weight, but i am watching what i am eating, and walking everyday, and i do ahve classes that i should be going too LOL

Balance: i think i have it

Depression: N/A

(i know, i'm practically perfect in every way)

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
if I HAD to pick one I would say energy but really I don't think any of the list has been a real challenge for me

Claire64

PF Fanatic
Mar 10, 2008
I agree - nothing on the list.

I'm not saying I'm a perfect mother, or that any of it is easy, it's just more of a combination of things that make parenting challenging. If I had to say what my biggest challenge is, I'd say keeping my kids healthy. Two of my kids have asthma, three have allergies, one has an autoimmune disease and one has diabetes.

novembermommy

Feb 4, 2008
For me it has been the weight, and this was even before I had my son. Right now since I am breast feeding I cannot really diet the way I would like to. So I wish I could focus more on weight loss really seriously... The good thing is I am trying to work out whenever I can, so atleast I am working on it... Rather than just wishing it would go away :)

The other thing is time management, that too is a work in progress. As my son is growing up I am learning that is okay to leave him alone in someone else's care to take time for myself. I am also learning to enjoy these times away from him without feeling guilty.

I guess the good thing is that I do not feel as though I am stagnating on both fronts. I am comfortable with who I am and am working to improve myself so that is a good thing IMHO.

.:Kalli Rae:.

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
I would have to say Time...Not having enough of it. I work so much that I wish I had just one more day in the week to be with my kids. Normally I am working 6 days a week with 8, 10, 12 hr shifts...seems like I am never home. I just want to be able to take the kids on a picnic or go feed the ducks without having to watch the clock.

Nikita

PF Fanatic
Jun 10, 2008
London, ON
I wish I had more energy. Night feedings are so tiring and I will be glad when my youngest is sleeping through the night.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Patience and energy. Patience just because I've never really been a patient person, even before being a parent. Energy because I seem to always be tired all the time these days!

mandrsmom

PF Regular
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
My biggest challenge is to not second guess myself, and trying to stop worrying all the time.

For example, the other day I asked my 16 year old to pick-up my 8 year old at daycare. I had to work late (hubby out of town). It is only a mile in a half away from my house. I was so worried the whole time, I couldn't work anyway, :eek: and I was second guessing letting them drive together. My mind plays tricks on me when I worry.

Oh everything turned out alright, :wubclub:

hawtmama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 13, 2008
AZ
I just wish I had more time. I'm always feeling guilty when I'm cleaning or working, that I should be playing with Gavin more...or vice versa.

Momof12

PF Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
CA
<SIZE size="150"></SIZE>
<SIZE size="150"> Hmm I would have to agree with most of the Moms not perfect maybe it just that I been doing this for such a Long time LOL!! Biggest for me is Being a Mother and Father while DH been deployed. While DH been in the Navy we had to bury a Litte Baby girl 2 Fathers and one Brother and to see my children endure this pain to help them over come it and doing it solo yes that is my Biggest Challenge bring Navy Wife.</SIZE>
<SIZE size="150"></SIZE>
<SIZE size="150">These lost have only built us closer together the bond we all have is so strong. I will say that the love we all have is one built of love ,pride, unity, strength and little spunk LOL!!</SIZE>

Anna78

PF Enthusiast
Jul 8, 2007
London, UK
Time definitely, having 4 children is so demanding, its so difficult to make sure they all get enough time and attention from Mummy!!

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
I guess time. We were running all day only to come home to a house that's less than clean. It's midnight and I'll spead 1.5 hrs right now getting it reasonable.. ffs

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Time: I put this but don't really have an issue either 99% of the time.
Patience:I tend to stay pretty patient with Nichole
Energy:most days are fine of course on occassion who doesn't feel down a bit.. but overall I am fine
Discipline: no spanking here either, we do time outs on occassion but rarely. Its just not needed that often...yet.. lol

Nutrition:we eat fairly healthy since Nichole came around. Organic dairy, no trans fat, no preservatives, little sugar and such

Potty Traning:she potty trained herself, so that was easy!

Nursing: well I had a great nurser and little problems. Had engorgement but.. well thats easy to deal with. Nursed for 2 years and proud of it

Weight: I weigh less now then I did when I got pregnant 2 years ago so no issues there. Now I wouldn't mind toning up a bit as I am a wuss lol

Balance: I am doing better here as well. I know go to bible study every week without the girl, and thats all I need lol

Depression: have delt with mild cases on and off through my life, but since having the kiddo have had very little problem keeping the beast down

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
[/SIZE]</SIZE>
<SIZE size="150"> Hmm I would have to agree with most of the Moms not perfect maybe it just that I been doing this for such a Long time LOL!! Biggest for me is Being a Mother and Father while DH been deployed. While DH been in the Navy we had to bury a Litte Baby girl 2 Fathers and one Brother and to see my children endure this pain to help them over come it and doing it solo yes that is my Biggest Challenge bring Navy Wife.</SIZE>
<SIZE size="150"></SIZE>
<SIZE size="150">These lost have only built us closer together the bond we all have is so strong. I will say that the love we all have is one built of love ,pride, unity, strength and little spunk LOL!!</SIZE>[/quote]

I am so sorry that his deployment is hard on your family. I can't imagine. I know having my brothers gione was so tough! My dad also went to Iraq for Desert Storm when I was young. Now I don't remember it being to bad. It was hard and I remember crying because I missed my daddy, but overall it was probably harder on my mom then us kids.
I will pray your hubby comes home soon or if he is home now that he doesn't have to leave for a long time

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
TIme is a challenge for me. My lease ends the 31st, so I signed a lease to move the 26th - and get notice that our custody hearing is the 29th. Freaking wonderful timing. So I am trying to get a home packed up while dealing with a 3-ft stack of documents. Lovely.

But in a more lasting sense, I think time plays a role for every mom. I glanced back at my goggle-clad little boy on the way to daycare this AM... the goggles where loose, but made his ears fold down some the way he had them and he was just watching the world go by. I laughed and then wished I could somehow freeze that moment and put it in a little box. That those moments of toddler goofiness could last forever.

For challenges that I can actually do something about, I have a hard time knowing where to draw the line sometimes. Ry is EXTREMELY gregarious and the businesses on either side of our front door offer his nmerous opportunity to chat. As somebody who's quiet and shy, I love that he's so lively and sociable. I definately don't want to crush that - but he's said la lot lately "Everybody likes me!" and "They are all my friends" I am not sure how to make him understand that the world does not exist solely to fill his social calendar without damaging part of what makes him so special...

CapriSun

Jul 1, 2008
worrying always got the worst of me, but now my little 5 year old daughter is soo independent i cant believe it!:)

(D)w C0O\_

Banned
Jul 1, 2008
i would definitely have to say controling anger. there are some times that i just wish nothing more than to slap one of my kids silly, but i get help from Oprah and cosmopolitian magazine and sipping wine usually helps me sooth my anger.