What kind of bread do you buy?...

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
Buying bread shouldn't be such a difficult task - but it kind of is if you are looking for the healthiest. 100% whole wheat is the first task. Great. Then try finding one without high fructose corn syrup and other crap in it. Good luck! I usually end up settling for whole wheat and just sucking it up and accepting the corn syrup. I did find one that had honey instead once, but I couldn't find that kind again when I went back...

My son eats it without question, because what he's been exposed to. He knows nothing else. He wants that beloved peanut butter? He's going to get some whole grains with all that sugar...

Gioia

Mar 27, 2008
Spain
I buy whole wheat most of the time. We try to eat healthy. Sometimes we allow ourselves some white bread or other treats. If not, my kids start carving the forbidden fruit too much! you know, moderation is the best approach.

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
Is there really much difference between whole wheat white and the regular white? There can't be much whole grain in there, or else it wouldn't be that color and texture (even the "fake wheat" has a darker texture..)
I guess some is better than nothing, but I am curious how much fiber (3g is recommended) is really in there and how different it is from the regular kind

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
100% whole wheat for me most of the time. Occasionally I'll get white cause hubby likes it better or to make french toast with. Sometimes I make my own but that takes up a lot of time, half a day usually.

dmiranda91

Mar 10, 2010
Sometimes I buy whole wheat whites, but mostly I buy is the whole grain white. However, the most I like is the homemade bread neither garlic nor ginger bread like that.