What the crap...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Amber I would be very careful. If this guy owes other people and your husband is "supposibly" half of the company you might get dragged in the middle and end up being pulled into small claims yourself.
It all depends on how much he owes you. You could put a lean on his home, take him to small claims, file for unemployment (if the business is folding you probably can't get anything)
I think your best bet is to waitress or do anything at night and have your husband work during the day so you don't pay a sitter.
The good Lord will always provide. :)

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I have a job interview today! In about an hour!:jiggy:

Ok, so it's not the best job. It's at Dollar Tree. (woohoo) I've never had to work since Jack and I have been together. But I"m not above taking a piddly job until I can find one better. I got kids to support. I can't be picky.

I plan on working there (hopefully) until I can get my CNA license transfered down here to Tennessee and then I can go make more money.

Jack's still making phone calls, but so far, all the calls to painters and going in the office has come up with nothing. Everyone's got their crew set up. So, it looks like he might have to find a piddly job until a painter is needed somewhere.

So, anyway....keep your fingers crossed for me and keep us in prayers and thoughts! And thanks, guys, for all your words of advice and help. It means the world to me.:wubclub:

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Amber said:
I have a job interview today! In about an hour!:jiggy:

Ok, so it's not the best job. It's at Dollar Tree. (woohoo) I've never had to work since Jack and I have been together. But I"m not above taking a piddly job until I can find one better. I got kids to support. I can't be picky.

I plan on working there (hopefully) until I can get my CNA license transfered down here to Tennessee and then I can go make more money.

Jack's still making phone calls, but so far, all the calls to painters and going in the office has come up with nothing. Everyone's got their crew set up. So, it looks like he might have to find a piddly job until a painter is needed somewhere.

So, anyway....keep your fingers crossed for me and keep us in prayers and thoughts! And thanks, guys, for all your words of advice and help. It means the world to me.:wubclub:
Sorry I hadn't read your update yet, I'm crossing my fingers for you :)

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I got it!!:jiggy:

It's not the best of jobs, and I've not had a job that pays this low since, well, probably since I was 18 or 19, but it's money coming into the house that we desperately need. I go in tomorrow at 4 to fill out paperwork and then start at 5. Now, I gotta go find me some khakis to wear. :)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Like I tell my children, it doesn't matter what you do for a living just be the best at it as you can.
If you are a garbage man, be the best garbage man ever.
If you are flipping burger, be the best burger flipper they've ever seen.

Nothing wrong with the dollar store. A jobs a job. Good luck. You may find the break away you actually enjoy.
Let us know how it goes.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I haven't been on much the last few days, so I've forgot to post this.

I confronted Brice. HUGE blow-up. I hate confrontations, but this one seemed necessary and there was no way out of it. I thought Jack was gonna bash his head in at the church.

Anyway, things worked out. He gave us Jack's check and they kinda "made up" I guess. But Jack will never, ever again work for him.

Anyway. Just thought I'd let y'all know. :)

And the job is going ok. It's a normal retail store job. I'm on the go nonstop for crap pay. LOL But I like it ok. Just keep reminding myself that I gotta do what I gotta do to make the money until he finds a painting job. Keep us in thoughts and prayers still. Hopefully we'll get good news soon.

And thanks to all the well wishers. :) Y'all are awesome, I don't care what no one says about ya! :p