When did your babies crawl?...

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
So Bailey will be 9 months old next week and she has yet to even attempt crawling, I have been reading some of the milestone online things as well as development books and they all say that she should either be crawling or learning to walk by now. She has absolutly no desire to crawl or even be on her tummy long enough to want to crawl. We are not the kind of parents who carry her all day long, she does well just playing on the floor by herself, we carry her from room to room, but should I be concerned she doesn't want to crawl. We can however get her to stand on her own if we prop her against a couch or something, but she is not able to pull herself up. I know that every baby develops diefferently but it just seems she should be farther along by now.:confused:

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
What does your ped. think? Can she sit up without assistance? Is she mobile on her own at all? Does she attempt to pull up to standing? Some kids never do crawl, but are mobile on their own somehow before they walk. My son rolled around on the floor before he crawled, and DD did this bum scooch/commando crawl type of thing.

Follow your mommy instincts. If you're concerned it wouldn't hurt to consult with your ped..

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I agree with Trina.
I think Nihcole was 8 months old or so. She learned to walk around 11 months. Some kids don't learn to walk till they are 15 months old and that is considered normal.
Its hard but try not to compare your child to others, they will learn to do it all when they are ready. (health issues with holding)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
All three of mine never crawled. They went straight from sitting up to walking. No crawling. :) Maybe some just don't crawl

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
we have an appt. with the dr. in 2 weeks for her 9 mos. chechk up so I will ask them then, I just wanted to see if others had the same thing happen. She can sit completly usassisted and roll over both ways. She cannot however pull herself up or roll around the room. Its almost as if she has no desire to. In the last few days she has started a scoot/scissor type thing that gets her a few inches ahead of where she started but I don't think she has figured out exactly how it works yet.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
Mine didn't crawl until about 11-12 months and then started walking within a month. They were 6 weeks premature, and we had a hard time not being anxious about the lack of crawling (especially since everyone asked). Our ped wasn't concerned and said they would do fine. She was right. :)

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
button611 said:
So Bailey will be 9 months old next week and she has yet to even attempt crawling, I have been reading some of the milestone online things as well as development books and they all say that she should either be crawling or learning to walk by now. She has absolutly no desire to crawl or even be on her tummy long enough to want to crawl. We are not the kind of parents who carry her all day long, she does well just playing on the floor by herself, we carry her from room to room, but should I be concerned she doesn't want to crawl. We can however get her to stand on her own if we prop her against a couch or something, but she is not able to pull herself up. I know that every baby develops diefferently but it just seems she should be farther along by now.:confused:
Give her another month. Oliver didn't crawl or sit up by himself until he was 10 months old. He didn't walk until he was 13 months.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
Jordyn started crawling at 8 months. She just took off! She's almost 13 months old and she's not walking yet. I think she's just going to run. :p