Where do you grocery shop?...

Rosa

PF Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2009
Wales
Green grocers, butchers and fish mongers, if there is something we cannot get, like olive oil then we go to the Co-op.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Wal-Mart, Target, Quality. Sometimes other stores. It depends. Most of my shopping happens at Wal-Mart though.

Rosa

PF Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2009
Wales
Does your Wal-mart have clothes, ours (though we call it Asda) has a really good clothes line.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Rosa said:
Does your Wal-mart have clothes, ours (though we call it Asda) has a really good clothes line.
Actually yeah, well we have Wal-marts and then we have Super Wal-Marts, and they both have a large selection of clothes, but the Super ones have even more. Our Wal-marts actually have a huge clothes section. Takes up a lot of the store. I like some of the stuff they have there, and I'll occasionally pick up something to wear from there. Our Wal-marts really have everything lol.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
I do most of our grocery shopping at BJ's, which is similiar to Costco and Sam's Club. Anything we need that BJ's doesn't carry, I get at the Big Y, which is a grocery chain in New England.

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
15 mile trip to either Hy-Vee, Sams Club, or Wal-Mart. There is a small market in town that we get stuff we forgot to get elsewhere since they are more expensive.

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
Farmers markets for produce, we have them in our area every week. Local general store for most supplies, then once a month we do a 'big shop' at the closest supermarket which is about 3 towns over, which is an IGA (a community benefits supermarket)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh I actually forgot to mention. When I lived in the city (Erie, that reminds me I have to change my location) we had to buy everything from the store, but now that we live in North East all the way out in the country (so far we can't even get regular cable LOL) there are farm stands EVERYWHERE so we can get just about any fresh produce we want just by driving up and down the street. Its really nice, god I love the corn. lol oh and strawberries. Mmmm

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I try to go to Win-co for all of my big trips but it is 30 miles aways so some times I am lazy and go to Wal-mart cause it is somewhat closer. We also have a small store in town but I try to limit what I buy there...I try but don't always succeed!

ellen21

PF Regular
Jul 15, 2009
I usually go to Big B grocery ,ALDI ,wal-mart and 7 -eleven..................but wal-mart is best among

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh yeah I forgot about Aldi!! I have a couple of those around here too. We try to grocery shop there at least sometimes, because they are incredibly and amazingly low priced. They don't have a huge selection though, and you have to pay for your own bags, but honestly their low prices completely make up for it. I can fill my house with food for $100 there. I love it.