Which would win: Funky Mobile vs. Swing Chair?...

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
speaking from experience, I would say it is a far better way to spend you r money and go with the swing. Bailey loved it from day one-she still swings in it occasionally even though she is 9 mos old. She would rather be playing on the floor nowadays then be restrained to a chair, but I say go for the swing, mobiles are not that much fun IMO.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Swing. I bought the Fisher Price Rainforest swing. It has a mobile, sounds, and swings side to side and front to back. It was awesome. Bubba grew so fast he couldn't use it very long. I think it only went up to like 20lbs. Consider buying used on something like that. They're usually like half price and barely used.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I would definitely agree with getting the swing. My son Eli would stay in his swing for amazingly long amounts of time just happy to be swinging. A lot of the time he would fall asleep in it. He would probably still want to be in it, but he's too big even at six months. He grew fast too lol. He had a mobile in his crib too and he liked to look at it, but it didn't usually last him too long. But hey, get both! Mix it up a little and he'll hang out by himself more often. Another thing Eli loved was his bouncy seat, and that had toys that hung down over him. It played music and vibrated too, and at first he didn't do much with the toys but I know he liked to look at them and I think he was interested in toys pretty early because they were always in front of him on that seat and he eventually started smacking them around like crazy haha.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
nope go with the swingfor sure but be ready for baby to outgrow it in the next few months...then get a jumperoo :)

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
fallon said:
nope go with the swingfor sure but be ready for baby to outgrow it in the next few months...then get a jumperoo :)
Yes! Those things are AWESOME! Hannah would seriously be happy in hers for an hour at a time.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
yep another one for the sweing. But out grow it? lol My 26 month old still sits in hers and rocks herself while saying "WEEEE THis is fun"

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Kaytee said:
yep another one for the sweing. But out grow it? lol My 26 month old still sits in hers and rocks herself while saying "WEEEE THis is fun"
haha...I bet she does but Bubba and Debralyn were both to fat for theirs by like 6 months old...it wouldn't swing them anymore :p I had to push it...lol

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
We had the fisher price Aquarium take a long swing with our last and it went up to 26 lbs. Kenna could still swing it now if she didn't learn how to get around.

I am with everyone else get the swing. None of my girl's got much out of the mobile. We had a bouncy seat too that they loved.