White Noise - A sleeping Aid for Baby?...

White noise - Did you use to help settle and get baby to sleep?...

• Yes - I used it and found it really helped settle my child...

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Yes - I used it with some success...

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Yes - I used it but did not think it helped...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I never tried using it...

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Firefly

Apr 13, 2008
Hi,

I was wondering who else had used white noise effectively to calm down and get their baby to sleep?

I couldn't believe the difference it made to my daughter in getting her to sleep and in extending her nap times and thought it only right to share this with others in the hope that it will help them get through tough times.

Please vote if you have the time!

Thanks

www.calmsleepingbaby.com[/URL]

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
I won't vote because there isn't an option for me but I will say that I make sure I alternate between Nolan sleeping in complete silence and him sleeping with the vacuum/tv/radio running to make sure he can fall asleep both ways and doesn't get dependent on either one.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I put "some results" only because I didn't do actual white noise. She always has the radio on her room though. Also the ceiling fan. She was always easy to get to sleep though. Even now we rarely get so much as a wimper at bed time, but keeping her to sleep is different! lol

Shari Nielsen

PF Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2008
CT
I got a air purifier that made a ton of noise. We put it in Austin's room whenever we had people over and we thought that the noise we made would keep him up. What a difference in the nights that we ran it. He fell right to sleep! My fear is that he gets used to it and won't fall asleep w/out it.

ajo

Apr 10, 2008
We use one and love it, my house is very open and I love being able to hear my son but want to block the noise of my dh and I in the evenings. Also it is all part of the routine for us, it signals that it is sleep time.

I was not a magic pill though, my ds still wakes up 1-2 times a night.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I've posted this before but we used a box fan that pointed out of their room just for the noise. They loved it and I could hear the baby monitor well. But........whenever I went anywhere I had to bring the darn fan. hahaha (overnight stays)

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
I voted some because I also didn't use a white noise machine. For my youngest we used and still do at times a humidifier. It has a little fish aquarium on the front that bubbles. It would put her right to sleep. Still does but she isn't dependent on it anymore.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
I remember many times when Dd was an infant and I couldn't get her to sleep - I would turn on the kitchen faucet and stand there rocking her. It was my "if all else fails."

I think a white noise machine would've been much easier. LOL

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Every single time Eli goes to sleep I turn the fan on (pointed away from him) and he sleeps MUCH better and longer and more peacefully. Yay white noise! :) I'm going to replace it with a humidifier soon though cause our house has dryness problems.