Whiter, brighter, smile....

macoops

PF Regular
Jan 4, 2011
Wisconsin
So for the past week I've been using Baking Soda as a tooth whitener and it's worked great! I've already gotten comments on my smile. I use it as a paste and keep it on for five minutes and I've been brushing with it twice a day. I hear that if you swish it around in your mouth it can really help with bad breath too (I wouldn't know, my breath is fantastic, always ;)) anyway, I thought I would share my findings.

p.s. I don't know if you're supposed to keep your mouth open when you do this, but I do because, well it just makes sense. Anyway. I drool EVERYWHERE. lol. I'm tempted to try one of Jackson's bibs. ha not really a pretty site. I recommend doing when no one is around, or if you want to scare your kids.

lola

PF Regular
Jul 15, 2010
This used to be pretty common in the days before toothpaste, I know a lot of campers and outdoor types do the same thing as well in a pinch.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Banana peels?? Wow!! I have to try some of these methods, sounds way cheaper than those strips and pastes they sell for whitening.

still

Banned
Feb 10, 2011
Thanks for the advice, i mean i have nice teeth but it could be useful when i'm out on a date :)

szerba74

Feb 26, 2011
Utah
kinda un related but, in talking about baking soda my husband had heard it was good to help with heart burn. After taking a swig of it with water he decided it was just not worth the tast well. My kids wanting to try it because it looked like milk. also gaged at the taste. Now they all want to make baking soda milk to mess with the rest of the family. LOL