WHO is this child and what has she done with my daughter?!...

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Enjoying this while I can! DD (13) is usually high maintenance and quite the DQ (drama queen), but for the past few months has been polite, friendly, loving and helpful. Not sure what to think. Hormones, maturity, change in friends? NOT complaining, for sure!

parentastic

PF Fiend
Jul 22, 2011
Canada
What has changed in her environment, or in her relationship with the family, in the past few months? Has there been any major event recently?

jessicams

PF Enthusiast
Aug 10, 2011
possible combination of all three.
but I do know when I was that age I would be the sweetest kid in the world one week and then the next I'd be a total nightmare.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Trina said:
Enjoying this while I can! DD (13) is usually high maintenance and quite the DQ (drama queen), but for the past few months has been polite, friendly, loving and helpful. Not sure what to think. Hormones, maturity, change in friends? NOT complaining, for sure!
she's up to something, I know she is ;-)

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
That was my first question... What is she buttering us up for? However, I can usually tell if that's the case as those bouts are short lived and soon become obvious. Don't get me wrong, she's still a typical teen, but I've noticed a change since she started her period last year. More aware of her appearance and how others view her actions, wanting things to be neat and tidy and striving to do well in school.
She has also, all on her own, decided to ditch some friends who were not good influences. WOOT! Our gentle coaxing has worked. We knew it would be best if SHE made this realization on her own. YAY!!

RegalSin

Banned
Sep 3, 2011
1. She has a boyfriend

2. Her life is figured out.

3. She went threw some sorta traumatic exprience and it made her
stronger???

4. She has some kind of appreciation towards you?