Who needs shoes?!...

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Going barefoot... Ah, the joys of summer! This time of year I'm barefoot as often as possible and wear flip flops or sandals if footwear is required. DD is the same. The two of us don't understand how DH and DS have to wear shoes and socks ALL summer long. :eek: It's too darn HOT! My feet need FREEDOM. LOL!

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
around here it's been too darned wet...

I think it's a habit thing. I don't have many opportunities not to wear shoes....

at work - shoes
playing football or soccer in the backyard - shoes
mowing, cutting brush - shoes

about the only time I get to wear anything less is a quick trip to the store, or any precious little relaxation time...

but yes, having that freedom is a joy of summer.

St. Nobody

PF Regular
Jun 22, 2010
Ah. I remember going barefoot.

In Texas, there are sharp plants everywhere and everywhere there's not sharp plants, there's sand that's just a few degrees away from turning to glass...

Anyone else on here familiar with Sidney Lanier's poem Song of the Chattahoochee?

The chestnut, the oak, the walnut, the pine/ overleaning, with flickering meaning and sign/ said: Pass not, so cold, these manifold/ deep shades in the hills of Habersham/ these glades in the valleys of Hall.

If you don't know it, look it up.

That's what I think of when I think of being barefoot. I grew up in an extremely rural area. I could run around the woods and the streams with minimal worry about stepping on something hard and metallic. There was a large creek behind our house, chest deep in places, and I remember how cool and nice the creek bottom felt on my feet.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I never go outside barefoot and I don't let Eli do it either, but we do both wear flipflops and sandals. Ugh socks are gross when its hot outside!! DH wears socks and shoes all year long though. He only wears flip flops if we go to the beach or the creek.

Dadu2004 said:
LOL Trina! My wife is the same way...except her feet are usually on my dashboard putting toeprints on my windshield. :)

LOL! DH complains about me putting my feet on the dash too, because my shoes get the dash dirty. Only, my feet don't reach the windshield. :eek:

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Denver, Colorado 3oh3! <3
I just bought BRIGHT lime green flip flops and BRIGHT HOT pink flip flops.

Then painted every other toe hot pink and then the others lime green..

And I now tend to wear one hot pink flip flop with one green one.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
That's awesome Cop2be lol sounds exactly like something my sister would do. I have flip flops, they are black and purple with little stars and stuff on them. I love them.