Why are "Mommy Bloggers" so annoying?...

melynie

Feb 17, 2008
Does anyone else find "mommy bloggers" irritating?
They use all this bandwidth to talk about breastfeeding, dummies and baby poo. I find it disgusting. These women are dumbing down the human race, at least, the female component of it.

Really, haven't "mommy bloggers" got something more interesting to talk about ... or has being a mum reduced their IQ and shrivelled up their brains.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I don't know what it is. If you don't like it then why go there and read it?

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
melynie said:
Does anyone else find "mommy bloggers" irritating?
They use all this bandwidth to talk about breastfeeding, dummies and baby poo. I find it disgusting. These women are dumbing down the human race, at least, the female component of it.

Really, haven't "mommy bloggers" got something more interesting to talk about ... or has being a mum reduced their IQ and shrivelled up their brains.

lol

Bloggers in general are dumb. For some reason, they think the world needs to hear pointless daily ramblings that reflect their lives.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Someone explain this to me. Woman post about their lives for the public to see? What's the point?

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
I don't know what mommy bloggers are. But I do think being a mommy is a very important job (maybe the most important I can think of) and if they need to talk about that stuff, it's cool with me. Just dont' go there if you don't like it.

I also disagree that all bloggers are dumb. Some bloggers I know are extremely intelligent. And most of them blog for themselves, to write their own thoughts down... not so the world can see.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Yay if you don't like it don't go. I talk about breadtfeeding and baby poo 3/4 of my day so that is big stuff to me. I don't enjoyu reading blogs but others do so more power to them.

Also I disagree that all bloggers are in it for the world to read. My dad actually has a blog all about his time in Vietnam. He put it as a blog because many people wanted to hear his stories but he didn't feel right just telling them and sending them. He put them on a blog and told people if they wanted to see them, they were free to do so

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. I post a blog on one of my pages, but it's limited on who can read it. Only ones who can are family and friends I've known for years. For me, it's just a chance to vent, not just about what's going on in my life, but what's going on in the world around me.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
I think it's dumb because you can manipulate people.

You can say it's venting, but if you know who is reading it...you can write in ways to make people think how you want them to think.

And...if you hold back thoughts...your real thoughts...because you don't want your readers to dislike you...then you aren't being real anyway.

Either way, I think blogging is just dumb.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
To each his own I guess :) I don't blog, but don't see anything wrong with it at all. If you don't like em' don't read em'

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Most people blog about their lives....so of course those who are immersed in motherhood at the moment are going to blog about it. If you don't want to read what they have to say, then don't....but they have as much right to blog it as you do to blog what is important to you.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Teresa said:
Most people blog about their lives....so of course those who are immersed in motherhood at the moment are going to blog about it. If you don't want to read what they have to say, then don't....but they have as much right to blog it as you do to blog what is important to you.
I agree with Teresa.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I think that if you don't like it...then don't read it! Or just read it for laughs if you want. :)

I think that being a mom is one of the hardest jobs and getting out those feelings can stop you from going crazy.

I'm a mommy and I'm in the military, I blog sometimes just to get my feelings out. If someone reads it that's cool if no one does that's cool with me too. Blog is more for me than anyone else.

I do agree though on some points...."OMG breastfeeding is the most wonderful thing ever. BREAST4EVA! Word..." Yes, I saw a blog like that one time...annoying!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Yea, tree huggers is what I call those people. The all natural stuff. I can see doing it to a point but if its life consuming then it's not healthy.