Why didn't CAS know? (UPDATE)...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Okay so a couple things bother me more and more about this one....

"a couple of placements" Okay, so two new kids were placed in the home and they didn't know the total count of kids who were supposed to be there? Something isn't right about that.

So, this case worker is in the house serveral times, and doesn't notice anything wrong? I'm sorry, but dead rats, feces and urine soaked beds are going to stink up more than just the basement even if they didn't go there?

Third: "The thing is the public needs to understand we don't have any magical powers." - No, the thing the public needs to do is depand more powers for them. I'm sorry, if you're investigating a home, whether it's because of a complaint or becasue it's routine, you search the whole home. The basement, the garage, everything. If they're doing something evil, they aren't going to leave it out in plain site for you to find. Their current policy is a little like saying a health inspector who investigates a complain in a restaurant about faulty warming devices can't look at their refridgerator... just doesn't make sense.

And I agree with Xero, maybe this time before they appear, they should be restricted to that room where they kept those kids, in the same condition.

I really have no compasion, empathy or understanding for anybody who does stuff to the helpless - children, the disabled and elderly, I mean come on, there's a reason people do stuff to them, because they're defenseless, that, in my mind proves the intentionally did wrong, because they knew they could.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
this whole mess is just full of it. those kids--god help them and others who are and have been in a similar position.

don't know how things are like in other countries and aint much sure about most states here. but i've always had the impression that if anyone has any suspicion--especially teachers, nurses, what have you-- of abuse and/or neglect and cps gets called on you then they have all rights to take the kids away from your butt w/no explanation needed. so this "don't have any magical powers" thing just does not work for me. what it all boils down to is that someone sat on there butts and didn't do their job. someone was lazy and didn't really give a rat's ass about the kids period.
one more thing--its folks like those parents, the ones who are abusive and neglectful and the ones who do sick crap like this, that have helped to make quite a few parents afraid of disciplining their kids even when the kids need it most.

could go on but its too early in the morning to be gettin' so danged upset.:mad: